Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDS 2014 UNinstall and IDS Premium 2015 Install

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
527 Views, 5 Replies

IDS 2014 UNinstall and IDS Premium 2015 Install

OK - I have downloaded the IDS Premium 2015 from Autodesk’s website and am ready to Uninstall IDS Premium 2014..

Will I need to Uninstall one product at a time from the bottom up as we have done for previous versions? (Attachment)

I am a bit overwhelmed as there seems to be appro. 42 Autodesk products listed..Any EZer Way to UNinstall?

AND, can I install 2015 as Admin and then login as User for the initial launch of the IDA Premium 2015 programs,

And do the users need to be placed in the local Admins for that initial launch to finish the secondary installation..???

Thanks and Happy Holidays

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure about "IDS", but for "PDS" I have an entry for "Autodesk Product Design Suite" for both 2014 and 2015.

While I haven't uninstalled a complete suite in the past, I assume you should have some main entry for "IDS" and can select that to uninstall everything - but I don't see anything in your screenshot suggesting that is the case.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster401

thanks I think LOL,, any suggestions re. the installation portion of this post??
Message 4 of 6
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

yeah not much info there, just suggesting what I see for Product Design Suite.  Hard to tell looking at your screenshot, does that cover all Autodesk software? 

Just looked under my Start menu > Autodesk folder and I see a "generic" (not tied to any specific version) "Uninstall Tool" entry in there, do you have one by chance?

Untitled.png

Going by how other Adesk software requires admin rights during install and first run, I suspect you will need admin priv's during install and 1st run at a minimum.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Great..I did find the Uninstall and ran it twice.. It still left residual software that I Uninstalled through Control Panel

and then ran Microsoft's Fixit Tool to complete a clean Uninstall.

Also plan to install w/ domain Admin acct and run 1st launch as the user,....  but as Admin? Ill try it.

Ill let you know how the Installation goes..

Thanks for your imput and time!

Much Appreciated!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Great..I did find the Uninstall and ran it twice.. It still left residual software that I Uninstalled through Control Panel

and then ran Microsoft's Fixit Tool to complete a clean Uninstall.

Installed IDS 2015 w/ domain Admin acct and ran 1st launch as the user as Admin..

Install went flawless but took awhile.. the new Autodesk Application Manager makes ALL update, hotfixes

and patches a BREEZE..

thanks for your help ampster!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report