Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I am going to jump: IDSP deployment fails

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Joe-Bouza
479 Views, 7 Replies

I think I am going to jump: IDSP deployment fails

I am ready to blow a cork!

I have been trying to get my IDSP deplyment set for weeks and keep hitting one road block after the next.

First I make a deployment and the civil3d component does not work. SR has me download solo civil3d it worked but the raster component on to of c3d didn't

so it worked on my work station but none other in the office

next I get forum advise from my log file the path said 155 characters, that this may be causing the problem. I get the deployment folder as close to the root as I can, still no good

next delet the deployment and get media from adsk, no good, advise : dont create directly from media copy to desktop first. Ok delete the deployment, copy media and the freaking thing fails on Sanitar sewers. I could have walked areound to 50 workstations and installed from media in the time wasted.

I don't even have a question just needed a place to complain

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
asburyj
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

If you can't even copy the media to the desktop there is probably either a problem with the media or you have an antivirus software that is blocking the file. What file is it getting stuck on and what Antivirus is running?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: asburyj

Hi Jeff
The Sanitary sewer compnent failed. Viper! I know I should have disabled it - I forgot my check list. I'try agian next year. Thanks for pointing out the the AV. But I'm not confident about this. I won't know until after the new year to try again

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: asburyj

Well Viper is definately off, and now I get some odd widows error messages priot to failure: Is our server at fault?

deploymentfailure.png

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

I am wondering if it is not rolder length / depth causing the issue.  You might just try \\cd-files\IDSP as your UNC just for a test.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: TravisNave

Well I thought I got it knocked. I shortened the UNC, disabled Viper, made sure I had rights and the deployment went through. Although there was a windows hicup, and after the fact I have come to realize that raster design is not part of the deployment, which is no good. Its not a check box issue its just not in the list. Can I get it back? Admittedly, our server does have some switch issues they have been working on. I'm thinking the last thing to do is try to create directly on the server instead of remotely from my workstation?

deploymentfailure.png

noraster1.pngnoraster2.png

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: TravisNave

I have the Midas touch!

So figured I'll try to download another copy of the software, so I wait 2 hrs for it to download, click on the exe file and get informed that "All files did not download try again"

Good thing I don't work for the post office

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza

I abandoned ship with the media I had been sent and after 3-4 attemps at a browser download I finallt got a deployment that works. I'll close this thread for now even though I still have no idea why I had such a problem creating the deployment.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report