Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help! Unable to successfully install Revit 2015

35 REPLIES 35
Message 1 of 36
Anonymous
1120 Views, 35 Replies

I need help! Unable to successfully install Revit 2015

Hello! When I install Revit, I continue to get an error in the end where 3 out of 4 components FAIL to install. Well actually they all have a red X next to them, but 3 of them also state FAILED in big letters on the left. I have tried nearly over 20+ times to install and it always fails. I have gone to the place I purchased it since I have warranty because I assumed it was my laptop being a pain, but they said it is something else..whatever that means! I contacted Microsoft, no help what so ever! I have read several instructions through Autodesk and have followed nearly all of them. NO luck. There has to be something I am missing. PLEASE! Anyone help me or refer me to somewhere or someone who can. This sux 😞 Below is my usual process:

- I always make sure to delete anything in my "downloads" and that everything is fresh

- I read that erasing everything from my temp file and turning off my virus protection works -  did it...NOTHING happened. i have tried this and not tried it

- I visit Autodesk.com and click INSTALL directly from the website. OR I have downloaded it, then installed it from the file - DId not work

- I then pursue with the installation. BUT before I click the official button, "install", it gives me a brief of what is going to be installed, like any other autodesk software. Out of those 4 components, there is always ONE that has a little triangle with an exclamation point inside. When I hover over that it says that there is no media but it will continue to install. <summarized it. So I continue. I think this is what is preventing REVIT 2015 from installing. I don't know what to do. There is not much people to contact so i hope you all can really help me with this.

- Lastly I click install, blah blah blah, wait a few hours for it to install and bam! I get that error screen. I have attached an image of it to this posting. 

I hope someone can help me! Sorry for so much wording. I am just trying to make sure that whoever reads this can hopefully get a clear picture of what I experience when going through this hell! 

Thanks!

35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thank you for the detailed post!

Can you please attach your installation log? Here is how you can get it.

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello!

Can I send it to u throufh email? Or do I need to post it in the community? 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Message 4 of 36
TravisNave

You can post it here.

I suspect it is failing on BIM360 on a hunch.  If you install without it, I bet it goes.  Your installation log file will confirm.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello! Thank you!

Although, I was not able to find what you asked of me. It technically should be called <revit2015.log> right? Or something of that sort? 

I am looking through my temp files right now and don't see anything that has that name. ::/ Is there anything else I can give you?

Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi!

I was just following the directions on how to create a client log file. Should I run the installation again? And see what happens?

Message 7 of 36
TravisNave

Yeah when it fails the installation log file will be a link then.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous

Okay! Thank you very much! I am in the process of installing it right now. I will let you know what happens 🙂

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous

Hi! Did you receive my last posting? For some reason, it is not appearing on this post feed.
Message 10 of 36
TravisNave

Unlikely.  If it is not here, then it did not post.  Sorry.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 36
Anonymous

I have attached a copy of the log...For some reason when I copy and Paste it to my posting, the posting itself does not appear..hopefully this works.

Message 12 of 36
TravisNave

Yep, this works fine.

Install	Autodesk Material Library 2015 - Medium Image Library	Failed	Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

The download is failing.

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous

Thank you so much! I will try this and let you know what the result is 🙂

YOu have been such a great help!

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous

Just to confirm, you want me to follow what is being done in the video, correct? After it finishes, do I then attempt to install Revit 2015?
Message 15 of 36
TravisNave

Right. Find your Revit install and download and install it. My video uses
Inventor as the example, so just find the program you need.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous

Hi! 

So I donwloaded the file. It is currently in my downloads... but when I try to "Extract To", I'm not sure where to have the folder. I leave it at the default, C:\Autodesk\, but it fails.

I have attached a screen shot of where I am at right now. Please let me know what you recommend

Message 17 of 36
TravisNave

That is the proper location. Perhaps you need to check that folder first.
It might already have your first bad install in it. If so, delete the
folder and extract your new file.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous

I erased everything in the Autodesk file, except for my AutoCAD 2015 - Which seems to be in another file called WI..which is weird. I don't know what that is. Should I move AutoCAD out? into the Autodesk folder? Will that help?

Either way, it continues to say error still. I have attached to jpegs. One is my "folders", the other is the error I am getting.

Thanks so much! 

Message 19 of 36
TravisNave

File corruption? Shoot. Bad download. Try downloading it again but
disable your antivirus first.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 20 of 36
Anonymous

I'm sorry, but would you please explain to me how to disable my antivirus thingy? Ha-ha, I have tried, but I always get lost.

I have Windows 8 so a lot of stuff can be hard to find.

THnks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report