Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to Change from IV 2013 to 2015. Will my current Serial (Student) Work?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
b.lueke
258 Views, 6 Replies

I have to Change from IV 2013 to 2015. Will my current Serial (Student) Work?

Hi,

as u can see in the topic, i have too change my currently installed IV 2013 to 2015. We are doing a Technical Project and our School updatet their IV to 2015. So as mostly all Students. So im forced to do this also, because we are working in Groups.

So my Question: When i´ll install IV 2015 do i have  to unistall IV 2013 first? And what about the Key. Must i request a new activasion Code from the Support? 

Best Regards

b.lueke

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
simona.golisciano
in reply to: b.lueke

Hi b.lueke,

You don't need to uninstall your 2013 version before you install the 2015 version.

I've checked your account and it seems that you have already requested the Student license for the 2015 version of Autodesk Inventor Professional. For Student versions, the serial number remains the same even if you request a different product/version. The product key, however, is different.

The product key for Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 is: 797G1

You will need a new activation code for this specific version, but the activation process should work automatically online, so you probably won't have to contact the suppport team. After the installation, all you need to do is click on 'Activate' and then enter your serial number and the above-mentioned product key. If you encounter any issue, please contact the Activation and Registration team directly:

1. Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2. Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3. Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4. Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have any other questions or concerns please reply to this post. Thank you!

Simona Golisciano
Message 3 of 7
b.lueke
in reply to: simona.golisciano

Hi simona,

thank you very much for that fast reply! Smiley Happy

I started the download once, but aborted it because i wasnt sure i will work 🙂

I just found the email With the Serial in my Spam folder, sorry for that!

So i#ll just try to install IV and will give a feedback if it worked 😉

Thank you

Best Regards

b.lueke

Message 4 of 7
simona.golisciano

You're welcome!

Feel free to post any issue you might encounter.

Simona Golisciano
Message 5 of 7
b.lueke
in reply to: simona.golisciano

Hi simona,

after a few trys i think i will need your help 😞

I just finished the installation of IV 15 ! When i click Activate ill get an 400 Online Error.

SO have i to deinstall IV 13 first???? I didnt deinstalled it as you said.

And i would prefer to keep 13 till i have a working IV, because im in the middle of an Project!

So can u help me with that problem?

Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
camilo.lemos

Hi @b.lueke 

The information posted by Simona is correct, you do not need to uninstall or de-activate your previous version.

Our License Assistance team can help you with Error 400:

Please contact our License Assistance team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 7
b.lueke
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello,

i have contacted an Agent 2 times in the Chat.... But yet there is no response. I was told that an code was set for my Problem, but i didnt get any email or Contact on my Profil as i requested. Is there no way that you can solve this Problem as you did the last time?

I was asked for the request coode.... and got an activasion Code in an Private Message!

Thanks for ur help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report