Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have 3dsMax 2014, want 2012 too

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daisyk2
236 Views, 3 Replies

i have 3dsMax 2014, want 2012 too

Isn't it possible to install max 2012 when you already have 2014? I need both for school cause 2014 isn't on every pc/in every classroom there. Is there a way to do this.. i did get a second student serial for 2012 but i can't install it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: daisyk2

It is possible to have 2 different versions on one PC. Only thing is you will need to Uninstall your 2014, Install 2012 and re-install 2014. If 2012 was allready on the PC it wouldnt have been a problem. But you basically need to install the earlier version first before installing the later version. 

Please let me know if this helps

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
daisyk2
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I'm afraid i've tried that and the install button of 2012 is still grey if  2014 is removed 😞
i've read that people can have this problem is there are files or folders left after uninstalling, so i THINK i removed everything before i tried. everything i could find anyway. Thank you anyway for your reply 🙂

Message 4 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: daisyk2

Did you clear out yout Temp Files? Go to Run > %Temp% > and delete everything in that file. Try the install again

Remeber 2012 first and then 2014

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report