Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE AUTODESK LICENSING SUPPORT

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
jdchs
858 Views, 27 Replies

I HATE AUTODESK LICENSING SUPPORT

I'm trying to generate a new license file becuase we are retiring the box the current license file sites on.  After going to their registration site and logging in it says my serial number isn't valid.  Well I beg to differ with the infinite wisdom that is Autodek automation.  That is the EXACT serial number that is printed on teh box of Maya 2013.  I hate that they don't have any phone numbers to call them and everything gets redireted to a community forum when I really need to talk to a tech support agent.  I managed to find an education support form and filled it out but i don't want to WAIT FOR TWO DAYS for a reply.  I want this fixed NOW as I'm trying to complete a system build and distribute it.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
tfesdaveb
in reply to: tfesdaveb

Hi Jeff

Can you let me know whether you are still working on this?

Regards

David

Message 22 of 28
asburyj

It failed on the base image library for the material library. My suggestion this time is just run all the library installers manually as well. You'll see some folders in C:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT_2015_SWL_English_Win_64bit_dlm\Content\ADSKMaterials\2015\ that have names like ILB and ILL. Open each folder and run the installer within to manually install each image library. If you get any error messages go ahead and post them here. 

Install	Autodesk Material Library 2015 - Base Image Library	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=1622

Jeffry Asbury
Message 23 of 28
tfesdaveb
in reply to: asburyj

Hi Jeff

These installed ok manually. However fails when I try to install. Log attached

Message 24 of 28
TravisNave

Error 1622 is a problem writing to a temporary location.  You probably need to completely clean out your %TEMP% folder and make sure you have full write access to that folder.  You should be installing with admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus temporarily disabled.

Try again and see if you get a failure. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 25 of 28
tfesdaveb
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi

Still fails i'm afraid.

Confirm

1. admin rights
  2. uac
  3. temp file cleared
  4. anti virus/internet protection turned off

Regards

David

Message 26 of 28
tfesdaveb

Is anyone working on this? What is the next step?

Message 27 of 28
asburyj

I can't really think of anything else to try. It might be time to conisder an OS wipe and re-install. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 28 of 28
DannyHubbard

You might try creating a new User with Administrative rights, log on as this new user then try installing AutoCAD LT as that user.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report