Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE AUTODESK LICENSING SUPPORT

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
861 Views, 27 Replies

I HATE AUTODESK LICENSING SUPPORT

I'm trying to generate a new license file becuase we are retiring the box the current license file sites on.  After going to their registration site and logging in it says my serial number isn't valid.  Well I beg to differ with the infinite wisdom that is Autodek automation.  That is the EXACT serial number that is printed on teh box of Maya 2013.  I hate that they don't have any phone numbers to call them and everything gets redireted to a community forum when I really need to talk to a tech support agent.  I managed to find an education support form and filled it out but i don't want to WAIT FOR TWO DAYS for a reply.  I want this fixed NOW as I'm trying to complete a system build and distribute it.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

We just call our reseller and they get us a new license file when we need it.
Takes a couple of hours max.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 28
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous,

As listed above you can contact your reseller or you can contact our Activation and Registration department directly:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 4 of 28
rkmcswain

jdchs wrote:

I've already tried that Jessica, if you tried it you;'d know that the "I stil need help" button TAKES ME TO THIS FORUM!!! Autodesk support IS A JOKE.

@Anonymous I'm pretty certain you need to be logged into your Autodesk account, then you'll see the additional options of:

contactoptions.png

Message 5 of 28
klpatrick4
in reply to: jessica.t

Hey Jessica, let's try this on for size!? Is there something wrong with the tried and true method of telephone numbers!? I am personally insulted and furious with your company right now. I lost my hard drive last Thursday- not your fault of course, but stressful enough. But now, after having it repaired, I have had three days worth of my time wasted while I and my reseller have tried and failed to get my software back on line. My business is dead in the water because of the policies and antics of this company. Now, I have to go through the further frustration of waiting for one of your tech `support' people to find the time to respond to my several e-mail requests. It is 9:51 on Tuesday morning and I have to leave for a meeting at 11:00, from which I will not return before 1:00. Yes, another day's profits down the tubes because your company thinks itself too important to bother with small-time customers like me. For $3500.00 of my money, I should have been given a second seat so that I could have at least kept working on another machine while this one was being fixed. I find it completely thoughtless of the management of this company not to have thought of this possibility for it's customers.

Message 6 of 28
TravisNave
in reply to: klpatrick4

Phone support is handled thru the Value-Added Resellers.  If you contact the support staff at your VAR, you can receive a new license file in minutes.  I understand that you are upset, and rightly so.  But there is a method to phone support.  This is simply a peer support forum of fellow users in the industry volunteering our time.  We are always willing to help and point you in the right direction.  Definitely utilize your VAR.  That is what they are there for.  Smiley Happy

I hope you get resolved quickly.  Your VAR will have the appropriate rights to look at your account and get you the best possible support for your product. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 28
klpatrick4
in reply to: TravisNave

I've spent all day yesterday with my VAR and nothing. By the way, my VAR is Intial AEC, and their tech support person is Heather Miller. Their phone number is 303-893-4350. I've left so many messages their answering machine and I are on a first name basis. I have a call into them now. I want you to know that I have a history with Auto Desk that dates back to 1999. I have had hard drives crash and purchased several new computers during this time. I have never experienced the level of pure challenge that I am experiencing now for a software package of this age. There is something really wrong with a system that doesn't recognize it's own codes and serial numbers after such a brief period of time. By the way, my tech support person told me yesterday, that she has never had this kind of trouble before. This is something brand new to them too. So something is wrong at Auto Desk.
Message 8 of 28
rkmcswain

klpatrick4 wrote:

I lost my hard drive last Thursday..... after having it repaired, I have had three days worth of my time wasted while I and my reseller have tried and failed to get my software back on line.

With all due respect to the situation at hand here, from a technical standpoint a new (to this hard drive) install of whatever product you have will run for 30 days without needing to be activated/authorized - which is more than enough time to get everything squared away with your reseller/Autodesk. So I'm trying to understand what is going on here from this viewpoint.

I've been managing dozens of AutoCAD licenses (standalone and network) for over 10 years and I've never been in the situation of not being able to use the software because of a licensing issue. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not commonplace either.

Message 9 of 28
klpatrick4
in reply to: rkmcswain

I wish I knew too! I have never had such a situation before either. All I want is someone from autodesk to call me in a prompt manner and help me get through this.
Message 10 of 28
jessica.t

Hi @klpatrick4,

Thank you for your comments regarding the licensing issue that you are experiencing. Using your email address I was able to locate your customer service case and the representative who assisted you contacted your reseller who claimed that they were resolving the problem. The representative also sent you a follow up email stating that if you needed further assistance to reply to his email and that he would call you.

If in the future you should need licensing assistance and your reseller is unavailable for any reason, please do not hesitate to contact the Registration and Activation team:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

Autodesk utilizes chat and email for customer contacts so that our customers can more quickly reach Autodesk and submit their cases. I do apologize for your frustration and any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any further questions or concerns be sure to let us know.

And thank you to everyone else on the thread for their contributions.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 28
klpatrick4

I am glad to say that I was finally able to load release 14. However, it still took help from a gentleman at Autodesk to accomplish it. Sadly I can't seem to get my release 13 to load, which I prefer, but I can at least make do with this one for now.
Message 12 of 28
jessica.t

Hi @klpatrick4,

I'm glad to see that you have your 2014 version working. If at a later date you decide you want to work with the 2013 please contact your reseller or create a new post here in the Autodesk Community. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous

Trying to get any help from Autodesk is like trying to get an audience with the Pope. I am trying to install Autocad LT  a simple task you might think. Still waiting for a reply from my email sent 17-09-14 now 23-09-14 zip.

Poking a sharp pencil in my eye would be more pleasurable than trying to get any sense out of this lot. What do they do all day listen to the phone ring. (Don't think so there is no number)

Really Hacked Off

DaveB

Message 14 of 28
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous , welcome to the Autodesk Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience trying to get your license activated.

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 15 of 28
asburyj

Hi Dave,

Are you getting an error with you Installation attempt or did the install complete and you are getting stuck at activation. Can you provide the details?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

Hi Jeff

Didn't mamage to install log attached. Did a system restore as discussed previously.

Regards

David

Message 17 of 28
asburyj

It's failing at the material library install every single time. Can you navigate to that installer manuall and run it and let me know the error it's giving you? The install MSI should be in C:\Autodesk\AutoCADLT_2015_SWL_English_Win_64bit_dlm\Content\ADSKMaterials\2015\CM

2014/9/25:14:25:37	David	DAVID-PC	Install	Autodesk Material Library 2015	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=1622

Jeffry Asbury
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous

Hi Jeff

It installed successfully doing it manually as you described.

Regards

David

Message 19 of 28
asburyj

Hi David,

So after the material library install were you able to retry and complete the AutoCAD install?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 20 of 28
Anonymous

Hi Jeff

No log attached

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report