Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install Sketchbook Pro 2011 on my Mac

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
pinkrose064
2454 Views, 27 Replies

I can't install Sketchbook Pro 2011 on my Mac

I purchased Sketchbook Pro 2011 for my PC in 2012. Now I've moved over to a Mac and want to install it on this computer, but I'm having problems with the installer. When I reach the actual page for installation, it starts with a custom installation page, only there are no options for a custom installation. If I tell it "standard installation" it switches to a page telling me where it will save the files, but the install button is grayed out. How can I fix this?

I am running OSX 10.10 and I do not have the install disk. I downloaded the installer from Autodesk's website, just like I did with my PC. I have downloaded the installer twice and had the same problem both times.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
DarrenP
in reply to: pinkrose064

you need to download the MAC version of sketchbook

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Design & Creation Suites) through Matt, Autodesks Virtual Assistant.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/account-management/software-downloads/download-methods/virtual-...
Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 28
pinkrose064
in reply to: DarrenP

I’m afraid this did not work because it only provided a link to Sketchbook Pro 2015, which I do not have a license for. My license is for 2011.
Message 4 of 28
DarrenP

i am checking with Autodesk to see if they can provide link to 2011

there is a chance that they won't

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 28
pinkrose064

Thank you. I’ve been downloading the Mac version of the installer using my order e-mail from when I bought the program, but the installer has not been working.
Message 6 of 28
philip.s

Message 7 of 28
pinkrose064
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you, but I am having the same problem I had before. When I reach the installation step, the install button is grayed out and I can’t click it.
Message 8 of 28
philip.s

I just updated my previous post / can you please try downloading from the newer linked version which corresponds to the most recent release of SBP 2011 and let us know if that works?

Message 9 of 28
pinkrose064

Yes, that worked. Thank you very much!
Message 10 of 28
philip.s

You're most very welcome!!!!

Message 11 of 28
KyrieG

It sounds like I'm having the same problem, when I go to install from the Sketchbook Pro 2011 disk on my Mac, which worked before the update to Yosemite, I am able to get to the Installation type screen, but then it has a greyed out install button. 

sketchbook pro not installing.tiff

I tried clicking on the link, but it's not working.  It goes to this page:

broken autodesk link copy.jpg

I currently have Mac OS 10.10.2

Message 12 of 28
jessica.t
in reply to: KyrieG

Hi @KyrieG and welcome to the community!

First try a clean uninstall of your product. Then please try re-installing using your disc or this Sketchbook Pro 2011 for Mac SP 5.5.6 download link. Let us know how it goes!

*For all other users: If this links above will expire 30 days after this post was create. If the download you need isn't available in the Virtual Agent please create a new post requesting a new one. Please also note that not all previous version downloads will be available.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 13 of 28
KyrieG
in reply to: jessica.t

It worked beautifully, thank you!

Message 14 of 28
jessica.t
in reply to: KyrieG

I'm so glad to hear it! You're very welcome! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 15 of 28
Steponmeshoeman
in reply to: jessica.t

I'm having the same problem -- I've not been able to install from my disk, from the link you provided, or from one previously given to me on a forum post of my own.

The only difference, I think, is that my CD was previously installed on a different Mac. So the Mac I'm trying to install it on has never had it. 

Any further suggestions? 

I love this program, but I can't for the life of me get it on here. 

Currently running, 10.10.2 was formerly running Mavericks. Nothing, either way. 😞 

Message 16 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: Steponmeshoeman

Hello @Steponmeshoeman!

The latest release of Sketchbook Pro 2011 SP 5.5.6 is compatible with OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8. As OS X 10.10 and 10.9 are not supported, you unfortunately would not be able to install the software on those operating systems.

As such, you would either want to look into downgrading your OS or purchasing a newer version.

Autodesk SketchBook Pro 7 (perpetual license)

Autodesk SketchBook (rental license)

Message 17 of 28

I'm having a similar problem. I received sketchbook pro as a complimentary download through wacom when I bought my cintiq last week. Downloaded the osx version, the install button is unclickable. 

-Mike

Message 18 of 28

Just saw the above comment. I have os x 10.10.3.
Message 19 of 28
hazlipa
in reply to: michael.j.willock

Hello @michael.j.willock,

Could you try downloading from us directly? I have a link to the version of Sketchbook you will need posted below:

Sketchbook Pro Membership Download

Once installed, you can activate your pro-level access by using your Autodesk log in, or Facebook log in. Keep in mind however, once you use the Facebook log in, you will need to use it moving forward. 

I saw you mentioned you received this through Wacom also, just wanted to give you a heads up that it is free for the first 3 months, then renews after that time. You can cancel autorenewal at anytime, but I have Sketchbook and Wacom myself and I know you'll love it! Here's some extra information:

Sketchbook Wacom Membership

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions!

Ariel Hazlip
Message 20 of 28
jobgirvan
in reply to: hazlipa

i'm having the same issue. i purchased Sketchbook Pro 2011 in 2013 but misplaced it. i recently discovered it in some old storage and rushed to install it only to find the install button greyed out. would someone please provide an updated link to download a version which will work on a Mac running OSX Yosemite?

thanks in advance for your kind assistance in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report