Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
thatguy164
2981 Views, 7 Replies

I can't install Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015

I click the "Install Now" button and download the sytem installer. Choose "Install on this computer" and follow the prompts untill it gives me a list of things it is going to install, I click the "install" button and it says "34 of 35 remaining" for a brief second and then immediately it says "Installation complete. Some products failed to install" and I get thi  list of the things that failed to install. I made sure that I meet and exceed all the system requirements and turned off the firewall.

Prior to these occurences I was able install things properly and it was going smoothly and it said that it would take about 4 hours to finish. So I clicked on another tab and went to my browser while the installer did it's thing. But immediately when I clicked away from it the installer failed and only installed 2 or 3 things. Since then I haven't been able to make any sort of progress to install the other 35 things because everything fails to install

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: thatguy164

Hello!

Any chance that you could attach your install log so that we could see what's going on?

Location of the log files generated by the installation of an Autodesk product

Message 3 of 8
ampster402

not that this will help the issue now, but I'd be weary of using any pc while a major program is being installed on it.  Just let it sit and do it's thing. 

You mentioned opening your browser - I'm assuming Internet browser.

Message 4 of 8
thatguy164
in reply to: philip.s

Ok I think I found the logs you were looking for. I don't know which one you wanted specifically but here are the ones that I found.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
thatguy164
in reply to: ampster402

yes it was the internet browser. But how does that affect what's being installed on it?
Message 6 of 8
DannyHubbard

The install is failing when trying to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable. Go to Control Panel and Uninstall a Program and uninstall the existing Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributables, then reboot and try installing Inventor again.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
thatguy164
in reply to: DannyHubbard

thank you very much! Once I uninstalled that everything was working fine. Sometimes it would fail after downloading a few programs but then I just closed the window and did the installation process again and it would pick up where it left off. I had to do this about 4 times but I did finally get everything installed.

Thanks again

thatguy164

Message 8 of 8
ampster402

I've been not reading the info at the beginning of any Adesk software installs for so long now it's time I pay attention again, curious if it contains anything of what I will mention;

When installing most software, there is some sort of blurb or text statement to the effect that you should not be running any programs when installing software.

Just a good habit to practice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report