Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install AutoCAD error Unhandled Exception

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rgruychev
4842 Views, 4 Replies

I can't install AutoCAD error Unhandled Exception

when I strar installing AutoCAD  2013 . start Initializing and show  Unhandled Exception

Windows  7 Home  x 64 Notebook Acer Aspire S3-391-53314G52add Ultrabook

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: rgruychev

I suspect that you either have a problem with your .NET Framework, or you have some sort of virus or malware that is preventing the installer from running correctly. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
NQEAAustralia
in reply to: TravisNave

I have had, and just worked out how to fix this issue.

What started all this issue for me was when I added a 3rd display screen to my CAD workstation. Then Autocad failed to start, so I attempted repairs/reinstalls.

1) Uninstalled all version 4 .net frameworks.
2) Scanned registry with regedit and removed all autodesk references
3) Deleted all Autodesk/Autocad related folders on the machine

These didn't fix the issue.

4) Updated the Display Link driver software for the USB3 display module that I use for a 3rd display.

I updated to Autocad 2014 along the way to resolving this. The Autocad 2014 installer also re-installs the correct versions of .Net framework 4, so you can start with no .Net's installed.

FIXED! I suspect that disabling the device/uninstalling the driver etc would have also works.

This means that there is potentially issues with certanin display drivers out there that cause this issue to present itself.
Message 4 of 5

you legend. you just solved my biggest headache today .. thank you
Message 5 of 5
va_leonova
in reply to: NQEAAustralia

@NQEAAustralia wrote:

4) Updated the Display Link driver software for the USB3 display module that I use for a 3rd display.

THANK YOU MAN!!! I had been looking for solution for hours. And then - it just took reinstalling my nVidia driver to make a miracle happen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report