Installation & Licensing

Distinguished Contributor
rgruychev
Message 1 of 4 (2,169 Views)
Accepted Solution

I can't install AutoCAD error Unhandled Exception

2169 Views, 3 Replies
03-26-2013 12:49 AM

when I strar installing AutoCAD  2013 . start Initializing and show  Unhandled Exception

Windows  7 Home  x 64 Notebook Acer Aspire S3-391-53314G52add Ultrabook

I have had, and just worked out how to fix this issue.

What started all this issue for me was when I added a 3rd display screen to my CAD workstation. Then Autocad failed to start, so I attempted repairs/reinstalls.

1) Uninstalled all version 4 .net frameworks.
2) Scanned registry with regedit and removed all autodesk references
3) Deleted all Autodesk/Autocad related folders on the machine

These didn't fix the issue.

4) Updated the Display Link driver software for the USB3 display module that I use for a 3rd display.

I updated to Autocad 2014 along the way to resolving this. The Autocad 2014 installer also re-installs the correct versions of .Net framework 4, so you can start with no .Net's installed.

FIXED! I suspect that disabling the device/uninstalling the driver etc would have also works.

This means that there is potentially issues with certanin display drivers out there that cause this issue to present itself.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 4 (2,125 Views)

Re: I can't install AutoCAD error Unhandled Exception

03-27-2013 08:06 AM in reply to: rgruychev

I suspect that you either have a problem with your .NET Framework, or you have some sort of virus or malware that is preventing the installer from running correctly. 

NQEAAustralia
Message 3 of 4 (2,014 Views)

04-22-2013 04:19 PM in reply to: TravisNave
I have had, and just worked out how to fix this issue.

What started all this issue for me was when I added a 3rd display screen to my CAD workstation. Then Autocad failed to start, so I attempted repairs/reinstalls.

1) Uninstalled all version 4 .net frameworks.
2) Scanned registry with regedit and removed all autodesk references
3) Deleted all Autodesk/Autocad related folders on the machine

These didn't fix the issue.

4) Updated the Display Link driver software for the USB3 display module that I use for a 3rd display.

I updated to Autocad 2014 along the way to resolving this. The Autocad 2014 installer also re-installs the correct versions of .Net framework 4, so you can start with no .Net's installed.

FIXED! I suspect that disabling the device/uninstalling the driver etc would have also works.

This means that there is potentially issues with certanin display drivers out there that cause this issue to present itself.
Ben.Costigan
Message 4 of 4 (910 Views)

02-14-2014 08:12 AM in reply to: NQEAAustralia
you legend. you just solved my biggest headache today .. thank you
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.