Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't activate autocad educational 2014, serial number invalid error

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
florhidaalgo
5545 Views, 27 Replies

I can't activate autocad educational 2014, serial number invalid error

I need help, I tried to activate the autocad educational version but I can't, "serial number is invalid" but that's the serial number. Please, help me, I need the program because the trial version for 30days is going to finish. I've installed other autodesk educational programs and I didn't have any issue. 

Please, help me.

Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
jessica.t
in reply to: florhidaalgo

Hi Flor,

Sorry to see you're experiencing activation issues but we'll get this figured out! I took a look into your account and everything appears to correct but I did not see an AutoCAD license associated to your name. I only see a Revit and 3ds Max. Did you request an AutoCAD license through your Education Community account and receive your confirmation email with the new product key?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 28
florhidaalgo
in reply to: jessica.t

No, I only enter with my account and install the autocad educational 2014,
but I never request an AutoCAD license or receive any confirmation email
with the new product key, because with Revit or 3ds max I didn't do it, I
just installed the programs and activate normal, and then they send me a
e-mail to confirm the activation.

How can I do it? can you give any activation code? , I don't know any about a new product key.
Thanks.

Message 4 of 28
florhidaalgo

Hi,  I tried to activate the autocad educational version but I can't, "serial number is invalid" but that's the serial number. Please, help me, I need the program because the trial version for 30days is going to finish. I've installed other autodesk educational programs and I didn't have any issue. And when I see my products registers only appear 3ds max and Revit, but Autocad don't. 

How can I do it? can you give any activation code? , I don't know any about another product key and the number that I've doesn't work.

Thanks. 

Message 5 of 28
jessica.t

Hi Flor,

When you log into the Education Community choose the "Free Software" option on the left side of the page to request your product download and license. After selecting your product, version, and then operating system type your serial number and product key will become visible. Please see this work instruction for further details.

You must take these steps to get the licensing information you need to activate. If you follow these instructions and you still don't receive the email please let me know.

Thank you for working with us to resolve this issue!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 28
florhidaalgo

I can't!! and yes, I now the serial number but when I try to activate
says:"The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.". I've instal
again and this issue continue, I don't know what I've to do, autodesk can't
give an activation code? pleaseee!!
Message 7 of 28
jessica.t

Hi Flor,

Are you receiving a request code with that message? If so, please provide it and we would be happy to generate an activation code for you. I apologize for the trouble this has caused you but we will get this figured out. Thanks for working with us to resolve this issue!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 28
victorarquiteto

Hey. i am having the same issue. evererything is allright except that I CANT ACTIVATE.

My Autodesk ID is: xxxxxxxx

Can you activate for me or check what is wrong?

VICTOR HUGO

Message 9 of 28
jessica.t
in reply to: victorarquiteto

Hi @victorarquiteto !

For direct licensing assistance please contact our Activation and Registration department through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. Please let us know if you have further questions! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 28
victorarquiteto

This issue is now solved. Thx.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous

I couldn't activate my AutoCAD 2014 at all, saying the serial code was invalid.

I requested help but didn't receive a reply for ages.

I'm currently trying to activate my account for the second time with the new serial code/number from the email I finally received (it was the exact same number I was given in the first place), and it says it is still invalid.

I would really like this problem fixed as soon as possible because it is nearing end of semester and I have a bunch of projects due quite soon.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 28
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kateeugenie1, welcome to our community:)

It looks like your account was not correctly linked to a serial number when it was created. The easiest solution for this issue is to create a new account on the Education Community using a different e-mail address. Right now the Education Community is experiencing difficulties issuing serial numbers, so I would recommend waiting a couple of hours before you create a new account and obtain a new serial number.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous

Hello!

expired MY TRIAL AUTOCAD AND CAN NOT ACTIVATE WITH SERIAL NUMBER I received via e-mail. I HAVE INSTALLED EDUCATION AUTOCAD. How can I get this number? hVALA

Message 14 of 28
simona.golisciano

Hello Tena,

Welcome to our forums.

Which version of Autodesk AutoCAD Student did you install (2012, 2015, etc.)? Please send me your serial number by Private Message, I'll double-check. To send me a private message, please click on my username simona.golisciano and then on "Send this user a private message".

Thank you.

Regards,

Simona Golisciano
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: simona.golisciano

I sent message but don't recived answer. Tnx 🙂

Message 16 of 28
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous,

Apologies that you have not received a reply. For direct assistance please contact our Activation and Registration team:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous

Hey,

I have the same issue, they gave me serial number for revit, but for autocad didn't, please help me, I don't want my 30 finished.

Message 18 of 28
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Jessica,

Using your email address I was able to pull up your account and the Products you have downloaded. Currently you have Autodesk Revit 2015 and Autodesk AutoCAD 2015. Both have been activared successfullly. Also, note that Student Licenses from the EDU Site has the same Serial Number for all Products regardless of the version. Serial # is unique per account, so during activation, you need to make sure that you havev downloaded the Product from the site and used the correct Product Key when activating. 

Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 was activated 31 August. Is there a need to re-activate this Product?  

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous

Hi, I am having the exact same problem.  I have a laptop with Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit.  I installed the educational version of AutoCAD 2014 and when I try to activate with my serial number, I get the same error screen as Flor.  If Flor's problem was solved, could you advise me as well?

Message 20 of 28
jeffrey.sin

Hi @Anonymous,

We've already updated the information in our back end, could you try to register or activate your AutoCAD 2014 once again with the serial number you've received previously? Additionally, we also had to reset your password to troubleshoot this error. A system generated email was sent to you containing the link for you to reset or update your password.

Let us know if you continue to encounter issues with the activation.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report