Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought Revit 2014, can't use on XP, what are options?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gerasimo24
454 Views, 4 Replies

I bought Revit 2014, can't use on XP, what are options?

I recently purchased Revit LT 2014, unfortunately my laptop runs on XP Professional...is there an option for me here?  Being that I own a Revit license is there a place or a way to download the 2013 version (I assume IS compatible with XP?) so I can run on my laptop?

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gerasimo24
in reply to: gerasimo24

Can anyone help here please I have had Revit for weeks and cannot get any help on istalling!!!
Message 3 of 5
dembkod

gerasimo24,

Hello. Revit LT 2014 is not designed for your operating system (xp). You need to install it on Windows 7 or newer. It was not built for Windows XP and will not install.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

2013 is compatible with XP. I will submit a request for you to see if it is possible for you to get an older serial.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 5
gerasimo24
in reply to: dembkod

Thank you please keep me posted! Much appreciated!

Gary Thiakos
President
Zepole Supply Co.
506 E. North Frontage Rd.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
(630) 783-1239
FAX: (630) 739-5289
www.zepole.com
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Friend, are you aware that Microsoft will stop patching, fixing and supporting XP in a few weeks? That means almost all your other software purchases will suffer the same fate, plus your business will be prone to OS level security holes. Not ideal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report