Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought AutoCad 2014 and can't get it on my computer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scott.wecare
390 Views, 1 Reply

I bought AutoCad 2014 and can't get it on my computer

I bought autocad 2014 back in May and everytime I try opening one of my previous autocad files it brings me up to a page that says my autocad has run out and I need to renew or buy a new license or enter the product key and serial number. I do that and it says it is the wrong product key.  The previous AutoCad that was on this computer was a free student subscription. I'm guessing I have to download and install the new AutoCad 2014 in order to properly enter my product key and serial number and get it to work so I can re-open all of my previous files.  If you could help me find where to download this or possibly if there is a solution where I can just enter these numbers into the autocad that i already have that would be wonderful.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: scott.wecare

Hi Scott!

While there are additional steps outside of a standard reinstall needed to remove previous remnants of an educational license (outlined below), it sounds like you may be dealing with more of a licensing issue. As such, can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and the product key that you are using.

1. Uninstall EDUCATIONAL version.
2. Install COMMERCIAL version The software will still be in in EDUCATIONAL mode.
3. Uninstall the software again.
4. You may need to display/show hidden files, find out how by clicking on the links below:

Windows XP 
Windows Vista/7

5. Remove .data file:

Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

6. Install COMMERCIAL version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report