Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSM 2015 CAM Tab is not showing up after installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
omoikane
357 Views, 2 Replies

HSM 2015 CAM Tab is not showing up after installation

After installing HSM 2015, the CAM tab in the Inventor command ribbon is not showing up. I didn't get an e-mail about successfully activating the product on my computer. But I did get an e-mail that Inventor Professional 2015 was activated. (This is student license.)

Some details about the situation:

I was able to install Inventor Professional 2015 and HSM 2015 on a desktop computer, and both are activated OK. I am trying to install them on my notebook computer. To save space, I am installing only the mininum.

On the notebook computer, after installing Inventor Professional 2015, I didn't launch the application to activate it online. I went straight to install HSM 2015.

I did successfully update Inventor 2015 after fighting a lot of 1603 errors. I tried repair, reinstall, uninstall then reinstall, but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer a few times, and still nothing. I tried uninstalling EVERYTHING, and still no go.

I seems I can really clean uninstall. I no longer need to activate the product after re-installing.

I also tried installing A360 and a bunch of other things. Still not working.

Any suggestion will be greatly appricated.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: omoikane

Hi?

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
omoikane
in reply to: omoikane

Hi,

Just a quick update.

So I learn that the HSM 2015 installer comes with Inventor 2015. I then uninstall everything by using the Uninstall Tool found in the Autodesk folder in the start menu. Then I went to control panel and manually uninstall everything that was left (there were 3 things, including the Autodesk Application Manager). I then launched the HSM 2015 installer to install Inventor (and enable the option to download and install SP1), didn't install the library, and also installed the HSM 2015 and A360.

After the installation, when I started, it FINALLY asked me to activate HSM 2015. After it went online to activte the license, I got the e-mail saying I have activated HSM 2015 on my second computer. BUT STILL, the CAM tab is NOT showing up upon launching Inventor.

I went to look at customizing the Tabs, but the under the zero document|, there is still no CAM.

Please help!
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report