Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Upgrade Your Autodesk Product from the Subscription Center

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
camilo.lemos
3837 Views, 37 Replies

How To Upgrade Your Autodesk Product from the Subscription Center

It’s that time of the year again! The 2014 versions of most Autodesk software have just been released.

But before you dive in and test all those shiny new features, your AutodeskHelp Crew is here to guide you through the steps you will need to follow to have your new product upgrade up and running.

From logging in to the Subscription Center to downloading, installing and activating your product, our brand new step-by-step guide will ensure that you have a quick and seamless transition from your 2013 to the new 2014 Autodesk software.

Your feedback is very important. So, let us know via this thread if the guide was helpful or if you feel some improvement is needed. When giving us feedback, make sure you mention what part of our guide you used and how it was (or wasn't) helpful.

Click here for our step-by-step guide.

Thank you and enjoy your 2014 products!

Camilo Lemos

37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38

will the 2014 versions be availabe in students.autodesk.com site?

Message 3 of 38
philip.s
in reply to: l.dzierzanowski

Hello Łukasz,

The Education Community will be releasing it's available 2014 products / licenses soon! We'd recommend checking the site periodically over the next couple weeks for more info.

Message 4 of 38
melloyellow
in reply to: camilo.lemos

If we have a network license server for Autocad and Autodesk PDS 2013, what do we need to do on the network license manager server to upgrade to 2014? Do we need to install a newer version of the License Manager and do we need another license file?

Message 5 of 38
philip.s
in reply to: melloyellow

Welcome to the community Jason!

There is a new version (11.11) of the Autodesk NLM tools, but it is not required for 2014 products unless you're running Server 2012. You will need new license files for both AutoCAD and PDS which would then need to be combined (cascading order = Increment -> Package (subscription) -> Suite).

How to Request a License File -> LINK

How to Combine License Files -> LINK

Message 6 of 38
filo.inventor
in reply to: philip.s

I cant downoad my upgrades, the attached files are images of the problem

When I click ove the "get your updates" I get a balnk page ant url gets a never ending submit form.

Is there a solution to this because I cant get any answer from the reseller (they have been hecking since last week)

Thank you

Message 7 of 38
philip.s
in reply to: filo.inventor

My apologies for the inconvenience Jorge.

I've made a correction to your account which should resolve the blank screen / SFDC looping issue. Please allow at least 15-30 minutes for the changes to become visible on your end. If it doesn't clear it up, please send me a Private Message (click on myphilip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your password or permission to reset it and I'll troubleshoot accordingly.

I also wanted to point out that as a temporary workaround you can also download current release software directly from the corresponding Trials page, and current + previous version software from Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

Message 8 of 38
rschultz

I'm having the same issue: I cant downoad my upgrades, the attached files are images of the problem

When I click ove the "get your updates" I get a balnk page ant url gets a never ending submit form. Please help.

Message 9 of 38
philip.s
in reply to: rschultz

Hello Roger,

I've also just made an adjustment to your account. As mentioned above, please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your password or permission to reset if you're still experiencing the looping error after a half hr or so.

Additionally, can also download current release software directly from the corresponding Trials page, and current + previous version software from Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

Message 10 of 38

Same problem here. It is indeed a problem on the account. Because on different computers i have the same problem.

Message 11 of 38

Hi Pieter,

I've also made a correction to your account which should resolve the blank screen / SFDC looping issue. Please send me a Private Message (click on myphilip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your password or permission to reset it if this doesn't clear up in the next 30 minutes and I'll troubleshoot accordingly.

As stated above / as a temporary workaround you can also download current release software directly from the corresponding Trials page, and current + previous version software from Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

Message 12 of 38

Still nos solution for my problem here.

Message 13 of 38

We're still working on this one Peter and hope to have an update for you by tomorrow.

My apologies for the inconvenience, thanks again for your patience, and please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you in the mean time.

Message 14 of 38
mp_thompson

We are having a similar issue, despite being authorised, there is a message saying that we cannot download the updates via subscription.

Our reseller, Microcad, provided a downloadable version and we have installed it but there is now an issue with the serial numbers

www.thompsonarchitecture.co.uk
Message 15 of 38

Hi mpthompson,

My apologies for any inconvenience this error has caused you.

I have made some changes to your Sub Center account and you should now have access to Download the software. If you still cannot do so, let me know right away and authorize me to reset your password so I can log in if needed and troubleshoot further. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 16 of 38
mp_thompson

It now says that there is a download available but the 2014 download is not available when I click the link.

Microcad, our reseller, have enabled us to download Revit LT 2014 but there is now an issue with our serial numbers

www.thompsonarchitecture.co.uk
Message 17 of 38
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mp_thompson

Hi mthompson, 

Can you please send me your serial numbers and a description of the issue via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message)?

I'll look into this for you.

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 18 of 38
dcormack
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Am trying to download and then install. After selecting the upgrade, then the download option intsall Download Manager comes up each time (its already installed). Skipping product download doesnt start. Proceeding with DM install doesnt do anything - it just downloads and thats it. Tried both in Mozilla and IE. Starting the previously intsalled DM justs shows 0 active / 0 pending. Browser download does work after a fashion - 3.5Gb file (not the 15Gb stated). Attempt to run this exe files comes up with error - file missing notification. Screen snips attached

Message 19 of 38
philip.s
in reply to: dcormack

@dcormack wrote:

Browser download does work after a fashion - 3.5Gb file (not the 15Gb stated). Attempt to run this exe files comes up with error - file missing notification. Screen snips attached

Hi David,

For BDSP 2014, the Browser Download option will initiate 4 separate downloads (Part 1-3 = 3.9 GB each, Par 4 = 3.4 GB), which would explain why trying to run one would produce the "At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet" error. Can you please make sure that you're accepting / saving all download prompts, pop-ups are enabled, or utilize a different browser to combat the issue?

Message 20 of 38
dcormack

Thanks I see this now although not clear (or I missed it) that multiple files. Browser download interupted and failed. BUT I tried again with ADM running this time from Google Chrome and its finally worked although says 58.5GB. There may be an issue with Mozilla and also IE10 didnt even start the DM - just kept cycling though install the manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report