Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell Revit Structure to only use IDSP license, not BDSP license

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tcorey
631 Views, 7 Replies

How to tell Revit Structure to only use IDSP license, not BDSP license

Here's one I haven't run into before. The user sometomes wants to use Revit Structure, which comes with Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and sometimes use the full Revit, which comes with Building Design Suite Premium. 

When he runs Revit Structure, he wants it to pull an IDSP license only, but it will pull BDSP instead.

How do we tell the Revit Structure installation to only use the IDSP license and let the full Revit install use BDSP, both on the same machine under the same user login?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: tcorey

Revit Structure will grab a BDSP  license first then go to IDSP

you could possibly set up an options file

is the user launching another product inside of the IDSP suite 1st or just launching Revit Structure

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: DarrenP

What would I tell the Options file? I can't find any way to tell a particular title to use a license from a particular suite.

We could give the guy two logins and then exclude one login from BDSP, thus forcing Revit Structure to look to IDSP, but this customer has said that is not an option for them. They want one login, which makes sense. It'd be a pain in the rear to have to use two logins, but that's the only solution I have been able to come up with.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

you could start up Civil 3D 1st then start Revit Structure then this will be the IDSP license

this should work then you close down Civil 3D and the Revit Structure will stay at IDSP until you close it down

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
tcorey

I will have him try that and report back here whether it works....

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

other than that i know no other way to get around this

the Cascading is built into the software there is no way of changing it

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Agreed.  An options file might be your only hope.  You can either RESERVE that seat for IDSP or you can EXCLUDE that user's access to BDSP.  If there are other combinations, you would have to test. 

For eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
tcorey

Thanks, Darren. That proved to be the only way to make this work correctly for this user. It's not a perfect solution, as he has to open Civil 3D or InfraWorks before Revit Structure, but he has a solid state drive, so it's only a twenty-second inconvenience. 😉

And Travis, thanks for always being around to offer your sage advice. I have relied on your posts many times.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report