Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Swap Product Design Suite Ultimate and Premium?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
merkleintl100
384 Views, 4 Replies

How to Swap Product Design Suite Ultimate and Premium?

I have two machines; one with Product Design Suite Premium and one with Ultimate. Both are standalone licenses. I would like to swap the suites between machines. I tried the easy way, installing Ultimate on the machine with the Premium license, and then exporting licenses, but that didn't work. It would only let me import the license that was originally on the computer.

Is there a step-by-step to do this that does not involve completely uninstalling both suites from both machines?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi merkleintl100:

I would assume that the one you exported was the Premium license.  The easiest way is uninstall and re-install your product. However, if you prefer using Online License Transfer utility, you may need assistance from our Technical Support. I created case number 06954055. They will contact you directly regarding your concern.

Please click on "Accept as Solution" if this suggestion helped you solve your request. 

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Can i know why you are trying to switch the suites on different machines ?

Also do let us know which product you are trying to use in these suites.

Since the feature codes are different, you need to uninstall and reinstall the right suite package.

Do let us know, if you have any further questions.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 5

Arlin,

Thanks for the reply. 

We have one seat of Product Suite Ultimate on a mobile workstation. It was purchased for our new chief engineer. I use Inventor a lot, and he said that I could have his seat so I could use Inventor Pro. I currently have a good desktop workstation with Product Suite Premium, which contains standard Inventor.

I am just looking to be able to use Inventor Pro.

So, just to be sure, you are essentially telling me that I must uninstall both product suites and reinstall them on their prospective machines?

Shawn

Message 5 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: merkleintl100

Hi Shawn / merkleintl100,

You are correct in that you will need to uninstall and reinstall on the perspective machines.

Should you run into any activation issues, please call (800) 551-1490 -> option 1 (English) -> option 1 (standalone).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report