Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a image (like Acad) of Revit Structure 3

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
matias_del_nido
486 Views, 8 Replies

How to make a image (like Acad) of Revit Structure 3

Hi everyone 🙂

I'm trying to make a network image of Revit Structure, (like ACAD), but the Deployment Wizard don't recognize the .msi file of Revit.

Also tried the option "make a deploy of this installation" but the image that is created it's only 124 MB. There are 4 cd's of Revit Structure 3 and so the image must be at lease of 800mb i guess.

Anyone have a link whit the explain of how to do a Revit Structure 3 deployment?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Revit deployments cannot be made with the Deployment Wizard. The only way to make the Deployment is to create your network share and then check the box that says 'Make a Deploy of this image.' You may also want to check if there are any additional options and libraries you want on the server.

While it installs to the Client machine, it will also create the deployment image in the server share. From that point on, you can deploy Revit.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: matias_del_nido

Rumor has it, that if you install from your deployment site, the local installs will use the libraries from the deployment site.
I've just been using the cd's to install from.

John P.
Message 4 of 9

I've done it both ways. If I have more than a few to install, I'll make the deployment. If I recall, I think you can choose where the libraries will live. But I have slept since then.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9

Re: How to make a image (like ACAD) of Revit Structure 3
Rumor has it, that if you install from your deployment site, the local installs will use the libraries from the deployment site....

Exactly, i have that problem. Anyone can tell me how make a Deployment that work just like an ACAD deployment?
Message 6 of 9

There is no functionality for making a deployment like ACAD does. You have to use the option that Revit provides and configure it to your liking. Otherwise, just install it manually from the CD on every client machine. Sorry.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9

Well if there is no other choice.. Thanks for the support.

I have another error, when the deployment of Revit it's about to finish this error appears:

Error modifying MSI Database:(1627) error of one process while the execution
Message 8 of 9

Another picture
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: matias_del_nido

Hi,

You have a problem with Windows installer.
Verify the version of it.
Restart your pc and retry your install.

Franck Hervet
www.aricad.fr

a écrit dans le message de
news:5194217@discussion.autodesk.com...
Another picture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report