Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out if my Maya 8 is registered already.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aliplessmouth
272 Views, 3 Replies

How to find out if my Maya 8 is registered already.

Hello, I recently picked up a complete boxed copy of Maya 8 for real cheap, and I'm not much of a 3D animator, so I wanted to sell it.  My issue is that I don't want to send someone something that doesn't work, so I want to be sure that it's not currently registered to anyone.  Is there a way for me to do this without actually installing the software onto my computer?  I really appreciate in advance any help that someone can give me.  🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: aliplessmouth

thats illegal
you can not resell autodesk software without consent from autodesk
i suggest reading their license service agreement before going any further

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
aliplessmouth
in reply to: DarrenP

It's illegal even if it's not registered yet?  What about all the other people who sell it on ebay?

Message 4 of 4
aliplessmouth
in reply to: DarrenP

I mean, I don't really understand why if I found this at a yardsale for 5 dollars why I can't sell it, I'm pulling money together to pay a deposit on an apartment as we speak so believe me if it's worth 300 or more dollars I'm not going to let it just sit here and collect dust.  And I would think it would only be illegal to sell a registered copy, in which case I ask my original question, how do I find out if it's registered or not?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report