Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to distribute my customed pc3 file when install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wesbird
220 Views, 4 Replies

How to distribute my customed pc3 file when install

Hi
I'm working in a 40 AutoCAD users team. We are planning to upgrade to 2016. I have made some changes to 'DWF6 ePlot.pc3'. I don't want to change it manually one by one after new 2016 installed. I found I can copy my 'DWF6 ePlot.pc3' to 'C:\Users\<loginuser>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\R20.1\enu\Plotters'. when the install happens, the loginuser will the ITAdmin, the actual user will login later and it could change from 1 person to another.

Is there a folder I can put it in, so when new user start use AutoCAD for first time, it will copy over properly?

Thanks
Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: wesbird

Hello wesbird

It looks like you're unable to launch AutoCAD 2016 after installation. This issue may occur due to AutoCAD running on DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 9. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

How to make AutoCAD run with DirectX 9

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

@wesbird

Going off memory...  But when you create a deployment (or performing an install - i think) of AutoCAD..  Expand the AutoCAD section and there's a spot where to assign all of your custom information that will be included in your deployment.

Also thank OTTO for being correct and providing the answer you were looking for.  Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

You should be able to provide default search paths when building a deployment.  But you're probably better off providing an AutoCAD profile (or three) for users to point to; that way they'll get everything set (not just a copied file, but all search paths and settings) first time they need to use that profile.  Some search path automation goes a long way too.

While I'm at it, host your PC3/PMP and plot styles in a common network location.  That way everyone will see the one file without being reliant on having the correct version copied.  If you need to make another adjustment later on (we all know that *never* happens...) you only need to update that central file.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
natasha.l

Hello @wesbird,

Welcome back! I would like to add to the information regarding Profiles in AutoCAD you can create and Deploy AutoCAD with a custom shortcut and profile

Please keep us posted on your progress. Smiley Happy

Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report