Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable DirectX9 installation when deploy AutoCAD Mechanical 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
675 Views, 4 Replies

How to disable DirectX9 installation when deploy AutoCAD Mechanical 2011

I want to disable the DirectX9 installation When I deploy AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 to desktop PC via AdminImage,  so I modify the INI file ( comment or remove entries that include the word "DirectX" ), then I get following error messages:

Property(S): MsiUISourceResOnly = 1
Property(S): ACTION = INSTALL
MSI (s) (D0:64) [10:15:09:254]: Note: 1: 1708
MSI (s) (D0:64) [10:15:09:254]: Product: AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (s) (D0:64) [10:15:09:254]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: AutoCAD Mechanical 2011. Product Version: 15.0.106.0. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

If I do not change the INI file ( means the DirectX installation will be active ), everything will be fine. So the question is, how to make the DirectX9 installation inactive when I deploy AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 to desktop PC via AdminImage ?  I want to do that because all desktop PCs already have DirectX9.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

directx 9c from Autodesk has some extra files which are missing in the standard download from MS.

if you wish to disable directx any way. only option is to edit the INI file,

section 

#==================== ACADM

LIne

PREREQUISITE=OS;IE;SSE2;DOTNET;DOTNETUPDATE;VCREDISTX86;VCREDISTX64;DIRECTX;FaroSDK;MSXML;WMF;CM;CMILL

Change it to

PREREQUISITE=OS;IE;SSE2;DOTNET;DOTNETUPDATE;VCREDISTX86;VCREDISTX64;FaroSDK;MSXML;WMF;CM;CMILL

Error you get might not related to directx. if you can post the verbose log(complete file) we can isolate the issue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Oh, that means I should enable the DirectX9 installation, thanks.  So, are these conditions " DOTNET;DOTNETUPDATE;VCREDISTX86;VCREDISTX64 " same as DirectX ? I means do they has some extra files which are missing in the standard ? If target PCs have standard DOTNET, VC Runtime,  may I disable them from the INI file ?

Message 4 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

those are standard files from MS. only directx has some extra files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report