Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deploy an updated msi file....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
195 Views, 2 Replies

how to deploy an updated msi file....

We have made changes to our msi file through the deployment wizard. Now when I go to push the install through sms, it will not install due to the fact that ADT2007 is already loaded. In the log file, it is stating the program is already loaded, to configure or remove this product use add/remove programs on the control panel.

I do not want to go to all 75 workstations to make the change. What is the proper way of getting it deployed with the changes?

thanks,
dvaldez
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Depends on what changes you made. If it was just adding a Service Pack, you could just push it out with a Group Policy. If it was changing the License Manager, you could push out a registry key for the environent variable or a new LICPATH.LIC file. Maybe if you are more specific about your changes, somebody could come up with a plan for you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We made changes to the Content and Support File Configuration. When the vendor came out and installed/setup the network version of ADT they did not speak with anyone about the setup and no one was really ready for it. Now that they are familiar with ADT2007 and understanding it, they need to have SHARED file locations, so we are now trying to implement this. The vendor is not much help unless we agree to pay them support fees as they are on the stance that they setup it up properly and it is working.

So basically I need to know how to get the changes of the new File Locations, and to get the Viz Rendering loaded also.

any information would be greatly appreciated.

dvaldez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report