Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set installation folder for data as well as program

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
271 Views, 1 Reply

How do I set installation folder for data as well as program

Ok, modern computers have more than the C disk.

It lets me choose where to load the program,

but creates a BUNCH of files sprinkled around my user application folders, on the WRONG DISK.

There seems to be no way to move the data folders, they are required to run autocad,

and while autocad is running, many of the files are open, locked and unmovable.

The options has setting for a DOZEN kinds of folders, none of which are created for you, much less

have the old contents moved to the new folder.

And last, autodesk.com doesn want to be bothered with installation questions unless you bought it already,

meaning you cant actually see if the 30 day trial will work for you, because they wont help installing it.

Unless I am missing something, this is a $4000 product the sellers wont lift a finger to

help you install it, and wont talk to anyone, so they have not fixed OBVIOUS problems like this.

I hope I'm mistaken. Please let me know.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

You can install an Autodesk product on another drive.  Typically, the main product.  i.e. AutoCAD.  It will still put the Common files on the C:\ drive because it may share some of the files with the other products.  i.e. Material library.

For AutoCAD, some files are typically in your user profile.  For example, to reset it, you can go here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/the-easiest-way-to-reset-autocad.html

The solutions listed will show you the location of the user files.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report