Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get inventor 2011 on my mac?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jomoko2011
544 Views, 7 Replies

how do i get inventor 2011 on my mac?

When I downloaded the inventor there was no option for the mac version so I thought it works for both mac and windows, but it says it cannot open because it does not support on OS X. (I'm trying to get 2011. Student version) I'm also a student user.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: jomoko2011

Hi Chirag and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Autodesk Inventor is not cross-platform compatible. If you would like to run this product on a Mac you will need to run Windows virtually through your computer using Bootcamp or parallels. I apologize for the inconvenience! If you have any other questions please let me know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 8
jomoko2011
in reply to: jessica.t

Alright thanks, I downloaded boot camp, what I suppost to after this?

Message 4 of 8
jessica.t

You're welcome. Once you have the Windows operating system running on your computer you should be able download and install as usual. This page on installing Autodesk software on a single machine should also be helpful. You may want to check out Apple's web page for Bootcamp support for further information.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 8
jomoko2011
in reply to: jessica.t

Alright I'll do that, thanks again. 

Message 6 of 8
jessica.t

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 8
GiovanyF

Dear Jessica,

Does it also apply to all the software contained in the Building Design Suite? I mean installing the Autodesk software in the Boot Camp. Is it also possible to use some of the components in the Mac OS environment?

Best Regards,

Giovany Fernandez

Message 8 of 8
camilo.lemos
in reply to: GiovanyF

Hi Giovany,

Please, click here for a full list of software natively supported on Macs by Autodesk as well as software supported on Mac via BootCamp. This applies to products contained in suites too!

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report