Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get AutoCAD Mechanical 2013?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
acwtzwegers
396 Views, 5 Replies

How do I get AutoCAD Mechanical 2013?

Good day,

We have AutoCAD Mechanical subscriptions and are currently running 2012 SP1.

Now, I decided to download and check out 2013 before our users are moved over (hoping some problems we have with 2012 will be solved)... but...

We apparently didn't get a DVD or USB with the 2013 version mailed to us... which I guess now is common practice (I downloaded 2012 from the subscription center as well, but we still got DVDs later).

So I went to the subscription center and to my surprice... we don't have AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 even available to us!

Now, I was informed that Autodesk decided to upgrade (without asking) all ACM subscriptions to the Design Suite Standard as a kind of offer... but I was not expecting that that meant that I can't get what I actually ordered:

We purposely dropped the Design Suites in favour of ACM earlier this year - and aren't too enthousiatic about the upgrade in subscription costs this unwanted offer causes.

Now... where do I get my software now?

subs.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Your Mechanical 2013 is part of your Product Design Suite Standard.  You can download that and simply just install the Mechanical portion of the suite. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: TravisNave

That I get, but I do not feel like reinstalling everything once we got rid of the Product Design Suites (again), something which I needed to do when we made the change to Mechanical earlier this year already. (we had exactly that done)

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I don't see why it would be necessary to reinstall after you have already installed it from the Suites.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: TravisNave

Because the license number tends to change etc. Have had too much unclarity about such things already... example would be that if I install ACM 2012 from our cancelled design suites - it won't activate anymore.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Correct.  But there's no reason to uninstall it just to reinstall a new one with a new serial.  That would just be making more work for yourself.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report