Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I check who is using licenses?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BassEngineer
568 Views, 2 Replies

How do I check who is using licenses?

Is there a way to see who is using Inventor licenses WITHOUT logging into the server and running LMTOOLS-"Perform status Inquiry"?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: BassEngineer

There's not really a good method for this.  You could open the debug.log file and see who has checked in and checked out licenses.  We had a discussion about this a few days ago and some different ways this might be accomplished...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
mmelville
in reply to: BassEngineer

I don't know if you have solved this problem or not, but I was recently trying to determine the same thing. After searching (without any luck), I finally tried installing the Autodesk Network License Manager software on my workstation. And to my surprise it worked. This allowed me to do a "Perform status Inquiry" from my computer without having to remote into our server. It has saved me a little time when checking license useage and troubleshooting problems. I did not have to do anything special that I know of to get it to pull the info from the server, it seems to automatically detect the "LMGRD"  process on the server and reports the current status. Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report