Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Jerrit.tyler
Message 1 of 3 (1,343 Views)

How do I change the AutoCAD LT 2012 Licensing server path on client PC

1343 Views, 2 Replies
02-01-2013 10:35 AM

I installed LT 2012 onto a users computer via a network install, when I ran LT 2012 for the first time it asked for my network license server path, I mistyped it and now when i run LT 2012 it just says my license server is invalid...I cant determine how to correct the typo in the license server path in the users local install of LT 2012.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 3 (1,336 Views)

Re: How do I change the AutoCAD LT 2012 Licensing server path on client PC

02-01-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: Jerrit.tyler
Product Support
inchul.lee
Message 3 of 3 (1,313 Views)

Re: How do I change the AutoCAD LT 2012 Licensing server path on client PC

02-03-2013 06:39 PM in reply to: Jerrit.tyler

Hi Jerrit,

A license server name you enter during the installation process is stored in LICPATH.LIC file in the default installation folder (ex. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012). If you open the file using Windows Notepad, it'll look like this:

SERVER servername 000000000000
USE_SERVER

You may modify it to reflect the correct license server name.

In addition to the above, you may be interested to know what other information is used to communicate with a network license server. A client looks at below information (in order):

1. ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable
  2. ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager registry
  3. LICPATH.LIC file

For example, ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable takes precedence over the other two. So, you may also edit ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Windows Environment Variable following the Technical Solution that Darren mentioned above.

Inchul Lee
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.