Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i reinstall maya with just the activation code?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kirshy28
723 Views, 7 Replies

how can i reinstall maya with just the activation code?

i don't have the .exe file so i don't know how to reinstall. it got wiped when i got my computer fixed.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: kirshy28

Welcome to the community Chris!

What version are you trying to install? 

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Message 3 of 8
kirshy28
in reply to: philip.s

thanks philip! i am trying to install may 2011 english, either in 32 bit or 64 bit on my windows xp machine. the machine is old, but i know it supports this, because it used to be on my computer before it was wiped. i'm on the students/autodesk website, and i click the browser download button on maya 2011. then when i go to downloads, it shows two things (both in 32 bit and 64 bit):

Autodesk_Maya_2011_English_Japanese_Win_64bit

Autodesk_Maya_2011_English_Japanese_Win_64bit.exe.part

i go to click on the .exe link and the window comes up that says that windows can't open the file

it says it's a partial download (thus the .part)

where's the rest of it? what am i doing wrong? AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

thanks for your help!

best,

chris

Message 4 of 8
philip.s

My pleasure!

Not sure what's going on with your downloads as I just tested both of them and they are mapped correctly / display as Autodesk_Maya_2011_English_Japanese_Win_32bit.exe, and _64bit.exe receptively. Can you try using a different browser and let me know if that works? What are the file sizes after the download completes?

Message 5 of 8
kirshy28
in reply to: philip.s

so i tried a different browser and maya 2013. after an hour and a half downloading, it said it was finished, so i restarted my computer and still cannot find any of those files. it said it was going to go into my C: autodesk folder, and there's a bunch of stuff in there but nothing like an .exe file. none of it showed up in my downloads folder, either. i did a thorough search of all folders for maya 2013 .exe, and nothing showed up. i am following the instructions on the website, and after keying in my activation code, the actual installation page only gives me the option to install backburner (whatever that is), but not maya. that is why it is not installing. i am going CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 8
kirshy28

so i've cleared all autodesk stuff from all aspects of my computer as per instructions on website. now when i go on the website, they just show up again. but, of course, none of them work. so i'm trying to reinstall maya 2013. when i click download now, it says this:

Firefox can't find the file at adsk.dlm://autodesk.com/[1.2;Autodesk_Maya_2013_English_Windows_32bit;http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDL...

i think that suicide is my next step.

Message 7 of 8
philip.s

I've just sent you a Private Message with direct download links / can you please let me know if they resolve the issue?

Message 8 of 8
MarkSmi

You need to download the .exe and install it using the activation key you have. Follow this link www.autodesk.com/installation-help-2014-enu. The Autodesk Installation Help explains how to install Maya on all supported platforms, how to set up a license server, and provides information on stand-alone and network licensing.

You will also see where to download the setup.

This site might you on getting more information about Autodesk.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/can-i-get-activation-code-autodesk-photo-autocad-website

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report