Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i get a six month license ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
210 Views, 3 Replies

how can i get a six month license ?

retire few months ago. thinking of doing some work at home till spring. called the reseller and found out i need to paid for the whole thing. Is there anyplace they would lend out a license ? Any suggestion ?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unless the people you're working for have an extra license to lend you. And
are licensed in a way that it would be legal. I don't think you'll have much
luck.

I've heard of Autodesk doing a temporary thing for big customers who need to
increase their license pool temporarily for a large project. Say from 300 to
400 seats. But I don't think they ever do this for an individual.

Allen

wrote in message news:5719951@discussion.autodesk.com...
retire few months ago. thinking of doing some work at home till spring.
called the reseller and found out i need to paid for the whole thing. Is
there anyplace they would lend out a license ? Any suggestion ?
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

You probably have only a few options here.

If you have networked versions of the product, you could borrow the license for 6 months via VPN or other method of your choosing.

If this is not possible, you can fill out the paperwork for stand-alone activation for home use on network licenses. This is something new from Autodesk. They will activate a home use for a network product.

If the license is stand-alone, then you can activate your 2nd installation for home use, per the EULA or use the PLU to transfer your work license to home.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Well, I am out of luck. The place I plan to work for would not get an extra licence just for somebody to work for 6 months. I think Adesk should consider this. If they can make a 30 days trial disc, how hard it would be making a timed 180 day disc for, say $500 which I am willing to pay ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report