Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
hlubbe
1658 Views, 6 Replies

Home user licence

When i asked for quotations on inventor 2011, I was told that i will get a home user licence with the package. How do i install it or what must be done, to get the activation code.

Thanks
Hannes
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: hlubbe

Your license simply allows for a home activation. Simply install your product at home and activate online. It's as simple as that! 😃

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
bobbi-mcam

I was under the impression that the Home Use License was a benefit of Subscription...

3. What is the "home use" license term?
Autodesk Subscription allows home use of software licenses that are under subscription under certain conditions. The installation of the software program at a work location is referred to as the “primary license,” and the second installation of the same software license is referred to as the “home use license.”

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=630316
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

It is, especially with a home use activation of a network seat. However, it is also a standard part of the EULA.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
tstoeckel

The difference between the Subscription Home Use License Agreement (HULA) and the home use described in the EULA is that the HULA is a bit less restrictive. The EULA allows you activate an additional copy on a second computer providing: the second computer is owned or leased by the owner of the software license; both copies will only be used by the same person; and the second computer will only be used for work.

The HULA permits installation of a second copy on an employee-owned computer and includes usage for personal education or training (as opposed to just work-related usage). While the second copy isn't restricted to only being used by the same person, it is not to be used at the same time as the original installation.

Tom Stoeckel
Autodesk Product Support

Tom Stoeckel
Technical Lead, AutoCAD Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
mzumaya
in reply to: tstoeckel

I have a network license. Could you please tell me what I should do to register and activate it as HULA?. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: mzumaya

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report