Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home License for AutoCAD LT 2013, no subscription

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
PuleoElect
2164 Views, 2 Replies

Home License for AutoCAD LT 2013, no subscription

Recently bought AutoCAD LT 2013, with no subscription. I'm under the impression that this standalone license can stll be used at home. Is this true or does my company have to buy a subscription?

Reading different posts I get the impression that I could activate on my home computer using the same Serial No: & Product Key: that I used on my work computer. Will it prompt me thru this home installation or will it say its already been activated on another computer. I don't want to make a mistake and have it de-activate my work computer.

Thanks for the Help!

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: PuleoElect

Welcome to the community Jim!

You are correct in that you can still utilize your Standalone License at home with out a subscription. Per the Autodesk Product Activation FAQ:

"...most Stand Alone Autodesk products can be installed and activated on a second computer owned or controlled by you (the software license owner). The software may only be used by you and only one of the two copies may be used at one time. Consult your Autodesk Software License Agreement for complete details about using the software on a second computer."

The Home Use License that you were referring to is a separate subscription benefit that falls outside of the standard # of allotted activations.

In regards to your activation inquiry, the software will follow the same installation process and will only return an activation limit reached error if you have exceeded the standard activation count within a predefined time frame. If that is the case, you would then want to contact our License Assistance Team, providing your serial number and request code, to receive the corresponding activation code

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your question, or reply with additional specifics as needed.

Message 3 of 3
PuleoElect
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you so much for your quick response. I will give this a try over the weekend. Best Regards, Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report