Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please: Resource Manager Error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
816 Views, 8 Replies

Help Please: Resource Manager Error

I have a Resource Manager Error with Land Desktop 2008: Can not find the resource string number """ in resource AeccLand50. Could this possibly be caused with the project pathing or the files being accessed from a different drive than where the program is loaded? Any help appreciated...Thank you...GA
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jbednarz
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a user that is getting this same error when opening a drawing. Sorry, nothing further I can add to the troubleshooting.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I'm not sure of the exact fix, but I started a new project and shortened the project path. Then basically started over and re-did the alignments and profiles. This got rid of the error, but I'm not sure what step actually succeeded...Possibly all of them....
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Several of my 2008 users have the exact same problem, although the 2006 and 2007 users seem to be exempt. Shortening the path is always good. The AutoDesk Support page also recommends setting BACKGROUNDPLOT to 1 in the offending plot setup, but I don't know how much good it does. A Map 3D user in another discussion group said he "queried the problem drawing into a new drawing" which worked for him; but I don't seem to have Map 3D in my AutoCAD, so it does me no good. AUDIT, PURGE,RECOVER and WBLOCK have no apparent effect on this problem. Sorry I can't be more help.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Nice to know I'm not the only one who had this problem....Thank you for the input....GA
Message 6 of 9
jbednarz

I found that certain files that were worked on in Civil 3D would give this error when opened in Land Desktop. Being a loosely run office as far as install goes, basically we just install both Civil 3D and Land Desktop and let the users use whatever works for them. Since most users wanted basic AutoCAD functionality with Land Desktop features and little or no Civil 3D, we configured Civil 3D and customized it with AutoCAD and Land Desktop toolbars to fit their needs. Once all were on the same platform the error went away.

I know that sounds strange and wasteful, but our Landscape dept is only Landscape Architecture, but they draw drawings based on survey plans that they receive. Something like that. As the IT guy, I avoid the details and just make sure it works.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Huumm...Interesting...So your saying you have acad and ldd running inside of civil 3d so that all you have to do is fire up civil 3d and all run within it?.....Interesting...Thanks....I'd be curious how you did that....
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Maybe this will help:

http://rockmaster.wordpress.com/2007/10/17/solution-cannot-find-resource-string-number-error/
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Right-o thanks...I don't use Civil 3d...I got the error while using LDD...I have however seen strange things happen from copy/paste functions when a 2006 user works on a 2008 dwg saved as 2004...I would overall have to comment once again to Autodesk..."The amount of money charged for the software, I would really expect less issues...Much of the time I have barely enough time to deal with real world projects much less error codes and messages that mean nothing to me other than a major thorn in production time".....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report