Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me transfer three licenses.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hsd2003
799 Views, 3 Replies

Help me transfer three licenses.

Hi Autodesk people.

We have 3 computers with AutoCAD LT 2012 standalone licenses on them. and we want to transfer these licenses from these old computers to new ones. and as an IT person, I was entrusted with this job.

I have tried to use LTU on one of them but it didnt work, giving me error reference code 1

the tool's behaviour was strange somehow. It didnt ask me to sign up (since I have no account yet). and it tried to sign it automatically (I guess it used the engineer's login credintials?). then gave me an error stating that exporting license failed with error code 1.

So, what do suggest for me to help transfer these licenses to the new computers? we want to get this done as soon as possible so our engineers start their work immediatly.

Thanks!

(PS: sorry for my bad english).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: hsd2003

Hello hsd2003,

The fastest course of action for a near immediate resolution (if live chat is available) would be to contact our License Assistance team, and ask them check the status of your serial number. More often than not, LTU issues are caused by an invalid export / trying to do so with a license that has already been upgraded, typically by subscription contract that has since expired.

If that's not the case and you're still entitled to utilize the license, your best bet for a workaround would be to simply uninstall on the old machines and reinstall on the new ones. Again contacting our License Assistance team if activation assistance is needed.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

Edit:  You beat me to it Philip!  Smiley Very Happy

Install and activate all three on the new computers.  If they do not activate automatically, then contact Autodesk Activations for assistance getting a manual activation code.

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
hsd2003

Hi

Thanks for the fast replies.

We actually have 6 standalone licenses. and we only used 3 of them. We decided to deal with these 3 licenses later and install the unused ones on 3 of our new computers.

I'm gonna install them tomorrow morning. I hope everything goes well. (e.g, not have problems with activating since these licenses are from 2012).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report