Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
163 Views, 3 Replies

Help is this possible?

We are currently running 40 licenses of ADT2004 with clients borrowing licenses from a NLM. We have a user who needs to be away from the office for a couple of months and may not be able to connect to the network/Internet. Is it possible to lend/transfer one of these licenses to that persons laptop.
If so could somebody give me a quick guide as to how to do this and list configurations and any text files + syntax that is required.
I thought that this was possible but having read some threads believe that you still need to be connected to the network either by WAN or VPN.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem with 2004 versions is that it only allowed borrowing for a maximum of 30 days. Since 2006, the borrowing has been increased to 6 months.

Here is what I propose and it should work for at least 60 days...

Open the ADT and borrow the license for the maximum 30 days. When the license expires, make a modification to the registry so that the program is converted to stand-alone and you can run it as a 30-day trial. I have numerous posts here about how to convert to and from stand-alone. Keep in mind that once the 30-days expires it cannot be done again on that machine. It's good for a one-time emergency.

This may be your best bet.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Where in ADT 2004 is the command to borrow? A colleague told me it was under the Help menu under About. He said go to Product Information and borrow the license there. But none of the values seem to be editable.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

treborjl13 said the following on 7/24/2006 10:34 AM:
> Where in ADT 2004 is the command to borrow? A colleague told me it was under the Help menu under About. He said go to Product Information and borrow the license there. But none of the values seem to be editable.

See if this helps.
http://support.autodesk.com/getdoc.asp?ID=TP00085

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report