Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - invalid serial number

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
evan70
241 Views, 1 Reply

Help - invalid serial number

Getting an "invalid serial number" message when trying to activate an old copy of AutCAD 2009 that I'm resintalling on a new PC for my fiance.  Searched here, and response is that it was probably upgraded under mainenance.  Unfortunately my fiance doesn't have any of that info, and when I sent a request in to AutoDesk licensing they replied with:

"The copy of software you are trying to register has been terminated or returned to stock.

In this case you may have received a replacement serial number. We need the new serial number to register and activate your software.
If you do not have a replacement copy, please contact your reseller or Autodesk Account Representative for further assistance."

This seems to me that they are telling me I'm out of luck and that they won't do anything to assist me with the issue.  Any ideas?  Surely there is some way they can cross reference the origin serial number to the new serial number?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: evan70

Welcome to the community Evan!

I was able to locate your support case and confirm that the serial number / license that you provided was returned by the purchasing corporation, and not upgraded to a newer version which is the typical cause of an invalid serial number error.

Please feel free to let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report