Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Installing Maya 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FedoraPrime
766 Views, 7 Replies

Help Installing Maya 2015

So I am trying to install Maya 2015 this is my first time with ir and everything however when I do i keep getting this message saying "Source File not Found check and verify it exsist" and I look it up and it seems to be there but it does nothing and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help? I have screen captured a picture of what it looks like and proof that it is there. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: FedoraPrime

Hello FedoraPrime and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Typically that error pops up when your antivirus or firewall is blocking your product. In some cases the file name can sometimes been too long which would generate the error but yours looks good from the picture. If you try disarming your firewall and the error persists, it's possible that your product didn't install correctly and you may need to try again. Apologies for the inconvenience! Please let me know if I can assist further. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 8
FedoraPrime
in reply to: jessica.t

My firewall was already down, and this is probably the third time I've tried to download this. I even tried it with Maya 2014 but the problem still happens and I don't understand how it's not installing right or why it's stopping. I've made sure everything autodesk was gone each time I re-installed and I even once tried doing it with everything there hoping that it would work. However my efforts reward me nothing but failures is there something else that I can do?
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Jessica is right.  This issue is almost certainly caused by your anti-virus.  Make sure it is temporarily disabled, your UAC is off, and you are installing with local admin rights. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
FedoraPrime
in reply to: TravisNave

Everything is off, however that message still popped up so is there any other possible reason that can cause this? 

Message 6 of 8
philip.s

One workaround could be to utilize a different download method, specifically Browser Download.

Quick Start: General installation workflow

Message 7 of 8
FedoraPrime
in reply to: philip.s

I swear to god I'm ready to freaken cry this has become so god darn infuriating but I need this for school, no sadly the alternitive download did not work I still got the same message, ended up being able to actually put in the Serial Number a this time however same problem ended up showing up

Message 8 of 8
camilo.lemos

Hi FedoraPrime,

As the other folks on this thread have mentioned, this is likely linked to anti-virus, firewall or UAC blocking access to certain files. I'd strongly recommend checking again if you have admin rights when you installed the software.

Also, did you happen to change the default installation path? Could you try installing using the default directory?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report