Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help installing auto cad LT 2005 to windows 7

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marriott1
1634 Views, 2 Replies

help installing auto cad LT 2005 to windows 7

hi

can we install autocad LT 2005 in windows 7??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: marriott1

It's not a supported OS.
If you are using Win7 64bit Pro or higher, explore the 'XP compatibility mode' option to try and install old software like LT2005, it usually works but not a guarantee. Realize that Lt2005 updates may not install at all.
If you are using Win7 32bit, it should install with no issues: perhaps you can downgrade if the above tip does not work for you.
There are also some third party options outside of Microsoft and Autodesk if you want to take a chance: something called LongBow I believe, search for it on the internet.
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: pendean

Dean is right.  Your other option is to install Windows XP Mode and install 2005 on it. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report