Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help install Revit 2013 - Library problem

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
alex.bertoncelli
1819 Views, 22 Replies

Help install Revit 2013 - Library problem

Hello, i have a problem installing the Material Library Medium Resolution 2013 for Revit 2013, student version. Even though my every process and antivirus are closed i cant get rid of the error message "The library could not be installed/uninstalled". I was both installing Revit normally either running the .msi file from the "content" folder, always the same error message. Any help?
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Please guys, is there anyone who can solve my problem? i really need revit!!

Message 3 of 23

Post the MaterialLibrary2014CMILM.log from the TEMP folder and see if it gives more details as to why the materials library is failing to install.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 23

Thanks for replyin Danny but i don't know where to find this .log file. I downloaded the student version of revit, extracted it with windows installare and tried to install it; it crashes on the last step saying "The library could not be installed/uninstalled. Please exit all running applications and try again". I did it, closing also my antivirus. I read on this forum that it is a quite common error and i followed all the suggestions that were provided here. Still the same error with the Medium Image Library 2013. Last year i installed Autocad 2012 and everything was fine.

Message 5 of 23

As I said that log file will be in your TEMP folder, something like C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 23

In the TEMP folder i have just:

MaterialLibrary2013CM

MaterialLibrary2013CMILB

MaterialLibrary2013CMILL

There is no MaterialLibrary2013CMILM, probably beacuse the installation failed

Message 7 of 23

Sounds like the MSI file for the Medium Materials Library is corrupt, otherwise it would be creating the log file regardless if it installed or failed to install.

You could run the Revit install again and when you get to the page of the install dialog where you can install the product just uncheck the box for the Medium Material Libraries. This will get Revit installed and running for you.

Or you will need to redo the download and extraction and try the install again.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 23

I've just installed Revit 2013 from the same installation file on my other pc and everything was fine and working. But i really need it on my laptop, where i already installed Autocad 2012, i don't understand why i can't work it out. Thank you for your answers and i hope you'll help me to fix this problem somehow.

Message 9 of 23

Post the Revit 2013 Setup log from your TEMP folder lets see what errors it is reporting.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 23

Here it is. Thank you

Message 11 of 23

According to the setup log, the Low Image Library is the one failing to install.

2013/4/12:22:52:03 Alex ALEX-PC Install Autodesk Material Library 2013 - Low Image Library Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Can you attach the MaterialLibrary2013CMILB and MaterialLibrary2013CMILL log files.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 23

Their size is too big to be attached on this forum. How can I do?

Message 13 of 23

Just right click on the files and Send To - Compressed (zipped) Folder and upload the resulting ZIP file that is created.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 23

Message 15 of 23

The log files still just show the generic 1603 error.

Go to the TEMP folder and delete everything.

Enable MSI logging, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300/en-us

Try installing Revit again.

If it fails upload the last 4 or 5 log files modified in the TEMP folder.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 16 of 23

Danny, these are all the new files in the TEMP folder, which do you need? Thank you.

Message 17 of 23

Sort the folder by Date Modified and upload the most recent 4 or 5 log files, like the MSI9e11f.log.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 18 of 23

Here it is. Thank you

Message 19 of 23

Unfortunately none of those had anything to do with Low Image Library, can you try just uploading all the MSI log files from the temp folder.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 20 of 23

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report