Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! 2011 Installs Only - NOT 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
chillme1
717 Views, 8 Replies

Help! 2011 Installs Only - NOT 2012

It appears that I successfully downloaded the 2012 version for 64 bit.

However, the previous version of the application (2011) is the only version that will installs.

Why?

Thanks for your comments,

Clint Hill
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
chillme1
in reply to: chillme1

Assistance is needed in installing NavisWorks Freedom 2012 on a Win 7 64-bit system.

I deleted all support folders for NavisWorks Freedom 2011 but the attached message shows up while attempting to uninstall the Language Pack saying I must first uninstall 2011 N.V. Freedom.

Must I resort to modifying the REGISTRY?

Clint Hill
Message 3 of 9
Darin.Green

Chill, Can you provide more information about the issue you're having? Are you sure you have a 64bit machine? What happens when you start running the installation? Do you have any error messages? Do you have the log file that you can upload?

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 9
Darin.Green

@Anonymous wrote:

Assistance is needed in installing NavisWorks Freedom 2012 on a Win 7 64-bit system.

I deleted all support folders for NavisWorks Freedom 2011 but the attached message shows up while attempting to uninstall the Language Pack saying I must first uninstall 2011 N.V. Freedom.

Must I resort to modifying the REGISTRY?

Install the Windows CleanUp utility to remove NWF 2011 and the language pack.

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=18442&t=4&i=1

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 9
hashim.mundol

This is the new tool from Microsoft to clean the corrupted installations (replacing the earlier tool)

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Once the old version is cleaned up you can use the same utility to troubleshoot the 2012 installation error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
chillme1
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I am currently attempting a reinstallation per your suggestion.

Clint Hill
Message 7 of 9
avto

hi Clint,

Just wondering if the issue with Navisworks Freedom 2012 install still persits.

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9
chillme1
in reply to: avto

Thanks for your concern. It appears that the computer policies have changed and it appears that the installation issue was due to this policy change; not allowing non-administrators to install software.

Clint Hill
Message 9 of 9
avto

Thank you for the update.
I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report