Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble installing Revit 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jazo31
294 Views, 2 Replies

having trouble installing Revit 2014

I've made sure to check that my computer has all the system requirements to install Revit 2014 but it gets stuck when it says "6 out of 17" remaining and then it fails to install. Am I missing something? Can someone please help me. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aaronhai
in reply to: jazo31

Hi jazo31,

Welcome to Autodesk Discusion Group.

For a start, please attempt the installation under Diagnostic Mode and send us the install.log if problem persists.

To locate the installation log file:

1. Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, enter %TEMP% and click OK.
3. Click View menu > Details, and then click the Date Modified column header twice so that the most recent files are listed at the top.
4. The log file is generally called <Product Name>.log.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: jazo31

jazo31,

Hello. Yes. The log file may be useful. Specifically, open the log in a text editor and search on the word “Failed”. Look for “failed” references to Microsoft C++ or NET. If you have entries like this, uninstall your C++ entries and your NET as well. Then run the installer and let the program reinstall them for you.

Make sure you are logged in as an admin and that Antivirus it turned off when you are installing. Also, if you are installing from a suite, only try to install one program at a time. It may help isolate the block.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report