Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having an install problem with civic 2010 on my 64bit

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mcarpenter123
1098 Views, 10 Replies

Having an install problem with civic 2010 on my 64bit

The option to choose 64bit isn't available from the drop down menu on the website. I tried to download the 32bit, it wasn't compatible. I checked the system requirements, it said win7 (32 or 64) bit. What can I do to get this version running on my machine?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: mcarpenter123

If this from the EDU site, I would download the latest version.

David Lau
Message 3 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: david.lau

there wasn't a 64 bit version of civil 3d 2010 only 2011 & 2012

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
mcarpenter123
in reply to: DarrenP

OK but the thing is we have civic 2010 in class and I was told that 2011 and 2012 will not help because there is no backwards tec. Is autodesk just with-holding the download? I really need to get 2010 on this computer

Message 5 of 11

If you scroll threw the requirements it says windows 7 (32 or 64) so there must be something I'm doing wrong when downloading it. The error read something about choosing the right OS

Message 6 of 11
david.lau

I talked to the Civil gurus and they mentioned that Civil 2010 didn't have a true  64 bit (x64) version.  You could still install the 32 bit (x86) version on an 64 bit (x64)  operating system.

Check out this reference post:

http://civil3dnovice.blogspot.com/2009/04/civil-3d-2010-install-clearing-up.html

David Lau
Message 7 of 11
mcarpenter123
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for asking about that. Sorry it took a minute to reply, I have been having problems logging into this site..     I downloaded      civil 3d 2010 again, it went al the way to the point were it opened the install screen, when I clicked OK to install I had these errors come up.

1. Error applying transforms, verify that the specified transform paths are valid #267.   

2. Fail to initialize design review

3. Recursion too deep; the stack overflowed.

After closing these error messages the install screen stalled and forced me to close it.

Message 8 of 11

I experienced this exact issue earlier today. I have discovered the solution is to ensure that you'll need to uninstall any newer versions of Design Review before trying to install C3D2010.

It would seem that the fault occurs when it tries to install Design Review 2010 (which is a requirement for C3D2010) when you already have Design Review 2012 installed. Makes sense when you think of it. I just which the error message was a little more clear.

Message 9 of 11
ronaldator

I am attempting to install Civil 3D 2010 and am getting these error messages when I "Install Products" AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 and Autodesk Vault 2010 (Client):

-error applying transfroms.  verify the the specified paths are valid.  #267

-Failed to initialize autodesk design review 2010.

When I hit the "back" button, this error then pops up:

-Recursion too deep; the stack overflowed.

The installation wizard then shuts down....

Any idea how to fix this?  I am currently running 2007 LDD.

Message 10 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: ronaldator

Message 11 of 11
ronaldator

Problem solved.  I had installed Design Review 2012 prior to installing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010.  Once I uninstalled that, I was able to load AutoCAD and Design Review 2010.

Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report