Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Policy Documentation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
211 Views, 4 Replies

Group Policy Documentation

Is there any documentation on deploying ADT2004 via GPO? I looked on Autodesk's site and didnt see anything... Thank you Travis
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
t_stroeder
in reply to: Anonymous

You`ll find the documentation for deploying via GPO on the Product CD, i think.
And you need extra .mst Files from Autodesk Homepage.
Search on th autodesk Homepage for "gpo".

Tobi
Message 3 of 5
dstein

If you're planning to deploy to a large number of clients using a GPO, you might want to compare the process pros and cons with things like Microsoft SMS or other products that allow for mass distribution and remote management. In situations where you're using Publishing vs Assignment, to a relatively small number of users within a common LAN, a GPO can work just fine. In other situations it may not. If you already know this, forgive my intrusion and just ignore me. 🙂
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

so what is better in a local lan GPO or SMS I too am looking at this situation. I need to install Outlook 2003 and AutoCAD 2005 to a bunch of machines, plus OS patches. Will both methods work if the local user is not a local admin? Which is easier GPO or SMS? What are the pro/cons? dstein |>If you're planning to deploy to a large number of clients using a GPO, you might want to compare the process pros and cons with things like Microsoft SMS or other products that allow for mass distribution and remote management. In situations where you're using Publishing vs Assignment, to a relatively small number of users within a common LAN, a GPO can work just fine. In other situations it may not. If you already know this, forgive my intrusion and just ignore me. :) David
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have had success deploying Office 2003 with a computer assignment gpo (admin deployment share and an mst), and I feel it works fine (100+ clients, but I only deploy to a few at a time). I did deploy Autocad 2004 using a user publish gpo and experienced problems that I never looked into. We just told the users to "go to this link" and double-click on the setup file (admin deployment share).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report