Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Lic. file, cant start network server on MAC Server

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
scarlson
2224 Views, 40 Replies

Got my Lic. file, cant start network server on MAC Server

I finally got my Lic. file from AD, Put in in the specified folder, now what? How do I start the network server, the online tutorials are insan, they make no sense...

Mac Server with Student client machines... 

40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
scarlson
in reply to: asburyj

Seems like it, I downloaded and reinstalled but it wont open the utility. I click the icon and no action.

Message 22 of 41
asburyj
in reply to: scarlson

those files in the screenshot are client side files not the license server files. Here is the guide for setting up the license server again http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/01/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server-on-mac.ht...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 23 of 41
scarlson

Message 24 of 41
scarlson

I already reinstalled this. Do I need to restart to get it functional?
Message 25 of 41
asburyj

If it's a permissions problem you could try sudo chmod -R 777 /usr/local/flexnetserver

Jeffry Asbury
Message 26 of 41
asburyj

what happens when you run the command to start the server again?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 27 of 41
scarlson

sudo: .lmgrd: command not found

Message 28 of 41
scarlson

when I run the Sudo 777 command I get a prompt for password, enter it, then just goes right back to the standard script.
Message 29 of 41
scarlson

Did I lose ya? Is there a tech support line to call, I have students unable to get anything done in class. 

thanks

Message 30 of 41
asburyj

I think there may be a mistunderstanding here. The license sever doesn't have anything to do with the product install it's a seperate install.

If your LMUtil isn't working that's ok. There are other ways to find that info to get your information for your license file. Alternate methods are shown at the link below. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/You-want-t...l

Jeffry Asbury
Message 31 of 41
scarlson

I would be glad to email you my lic file. from the clients I get error -15.570.36

It worked fine, ran an update to Mac OS and now it wont work.

Message 32 of 41
asburyj

you still have the lic file on the server? Have you tried just  starting the license server again? What happes when you navigate to user/local/flexnet server and run the start command?

sudo ./lmgrd  -c /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic

Jeffry Asbury
Message 33 of 41
scarlson

go through the steps and it does not recognize the terminal code.

Message 34 of 41
asburyj

Are you in the right directory to run that command? Make sure you first do cd /usr/local/flexnetserver did you also confirm the lmgrd  exists in that directory? If not you may need to re-install the server software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 35 of 41
scarlson

cd /usr/local/flexnetserver - when I run that command exactly how it is typed I get No such file in directory
Message 36 of 41
scarlson

To be honest I have no idea how to check if that file is in the directory. I am at the end of my rope here. its been 3 days trying to figure this out. Still no response via call back from Autodesk. I appreciate the help. I have already reinstalled the server software.

Message 37 of 41
asburyj

That folder should exist if you re installed the server software. Can you perhaps try installing on another mac and then manually copying over the folder?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 38 of 41
scarlson

I can. Can you give me the location of the proper server file I downloaded the ipv4 file and installed it. I am heading home for the day. Hope to chat with you soon!

Message 39 of 41
asburyj

The server should install to /usr/local/flexnetserver

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5418731?tstart=0

Jeffry Asbury
Message 40 of 41
scarlson

Found the flexnetserver folder below is the text from the lmgrd.exe file & the lmutil.exe, these files are located in the flexnetserver folder. I am not really sure how to proceed. Does Autodesk offer phone support and who and where do I pay to get it?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report