Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting the same message - autocad 2010/2011 failed installation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
olivia.chylinska
919 Views, 7 Replies

getting the same message - autocad 2010/2011 failed installation

i've downloaded autocad 2010 and 2011 numerous times and continue to get a "failed installation" message right after attempting to install.

how do i make it successful?

thank you, olivia

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

What errors are listed in the install log specified?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

i'm not sure what errors are written there... what am i looking for in the log?

i have about 3 different logs showing up in the temp folder, each under similar headings of AutoCAD 2011 Setup.log, etc.

Message 4 of 8

There should be a short log file that gives a brief summary of where the installation failed.  Depending on how far the installation got, there is probably a much larger file that will have the detailed information. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8

hi,

yes i've found 2 short setup logs and the problem seems to be:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

so this package has failed to install, where do i go from here? do i need to download a new redistributable package?

many thanks,

olivia

Message 6 of 8

I would start there for sure.  Try downloading the package straight from Microsoft and installing it manually.  If it errors out then, you might need to do some more work cleaning up your .NET installations. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8

hi,

i tried installing Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable package from the Microsoft website but got the following error *see jpeg.

olivia

Message 8 of 8

Consider using the .NET Framework cleanup tool to remove your installations of .NET and then reinstall at least .NET 3.5 SP1. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report