Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Activate Prompt But We Use License Manager

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
192 Views, 4 Replies

Getting Activate Prompt But We Use License Manager

We're installing AutoCAD 2012 Suite on Windows 7 64-bit boxes. The install and licensing start up went fine on two machines. On three machines we get a 'your trial will expire in 30 days, please activate'. it's like these three don't know about the license server. Should I get that when there is a working license server with open licenses?

Here's what I checked:

1) Each problem machine can ping/telnet to port 2080 of the license server by computer name and IP address.

2) Each machine has the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environmental variable pointing to the license server.

3) User have full permissions on the c:\Program Data\Flexnet directory.

What am I missing? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Figured it out, I think. When we got our three licenses we were told to use a specific one during the install process. These computers were installed with another license. 

I found in Help->About where to change the license #, and changed it, but I still get the prompt. 

Ideas?

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP

you have to install it as a network license

you installed it as a standalone license

you have to uninstall everything and install it again

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I just did the full uninstall of all products on those machines, rebooted, ran CCleaner to clean out files and registry and reinstalled with the correct (network) license number.

Got the exact same 'Activate License' dialog.

That's a boatload of work to get the same results.

What can I try now?

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Did you actually choose the Network License radio button in the installer when you installed the product?  If you installed default without changing any options, it will install default as stand-alone.  You have to configure the product and ensure you are choosing network licensing and pointing to the license server. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report