Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full reinstall of Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
davem
340 Views, 3 Replies

Full reinstall of Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2012

Hello. Recently we acquired a new computer workstation for one of the CAD users in our firm. After installing AutoCAD MEP 2012, Revit MEP 2012, and all other associated programs we could not get them to register the activation. We then downloaded the Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2012 which recognized the programs that were already installed and only installed those that werent. The activation only worked on those programs installed by the Design Suite and not those that were previously installed on the workstation.

I am wondering, if I were to completely uninstall every program that pertains to Autodesk 2012 and reinstall the Design Suite 2012, will there be any registration and activation issues since it has already been activated on this workstation before?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: davem

Maybe that's why it didn't prompt you for activation... it was already activated once before.  Just go to Help > About and product information to see if the license is registered. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
davem
in reply to: TravisNave

No, its the other way around. The programs already installed previously, wont accept the activation and says invalid. The programs that were just now installed from the design suite work fine.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: davem

If the product was crossgraded or upgraded, then the previous product might not be valid anymore.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report