Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRUSTRATING, CANNOT USE MY LICENSE

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
carbaer
614 Views, 5 Replies

FRUSTRATING, CANNOT USE MY LICENSE

Anybody have an idea how to solve this problem? My harddrive failed and I get en error message when I try to install AutoCAD on my computer (outfitted with a new harddrive). It sais that I exceeded the number of installation. I cannot transfer the license from the previous installation because of the harddrive failure! I submitted a case online that was supposed to be answered within 24 hours but I have not heard anything Smiley Frustrated

I am working with a trial license but it keeps crashing. I paid for this license and would like to use it! Help please!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ukdxb012
in reply to: carbaer

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Have you seen the following link... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Product...

Hopefully this will give you some guidance on what to do in your situation and there is a link to contact Autodesk... http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/RegistrationAndActivationWebForm.html?language=en

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
philip.s

Hello and my apologies for the case response delay.

I just took a look and it appears that an activation code was sent out about an hr ago. Can you confirm that this one is now resolved and/or let us know if there is anything else that we can assist with? 

Message 4 of 6
carbaer
in reply to: ukdxb012

Thanks, Duncan! I went through all that to no avail. I finally discovered a phone number (that is not obvious to find!!!, the company sure does not want anybody to call, nor is chat available during normal business hours...) 1-866-681-4359. At this number a lady was able to give me a 56 digit code that let me back into my program. Designing away as we speak.

Message 5 of 6
carbaer
in reply to: philip.s

Wow, whining sure works! Thank you for your response. I was able to dig up a phone number (see above post) and was helped that way.

Message 6 of 6
philip.s

You're most very welcome and please don't hesitate to let us know if you are unable to receive support in a satisfactory amount of time in the future.

Our License Assistance team transitioned off of phone support as a primary, to chat and email a couple years ago to account for our growing customer base as well as online support standards among other things. I'll make sure to pass your feedback regarding chat availability or the lack thereof onto the appropriate team for review 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report