Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezes while checking for license - Autocad LT 2015

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
waynestratton
9768 Views, 15 Replies

Freezes while checking for license - Autocad LT 2015

This is maddening.  Our company has paid over $2000 for products that dont work and we cant call tech support!  

AutoCad LT 2015 only works if we install it as a trial.  If we install with a license it hangs after checking for a license.  We have installed the patch, tried a freshly imaged computer, did the regedit fix  on "LoadAppInit_DLLs" to zero.  Nothing works.  We need a fix now.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

We have also installed SP1.  The product begins to load and still freezes after checking license.

Message 3 of 16
philip.s
in reply to: waynestratton

Apologies for the inconvenience Wayne and we'll definitely help get you through this. Can you please try some of the suggestions below and let me know if any of them have an impact?

For network licenses:

1. Search all the registry keys: ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and confirm they have the same value. i.e. @servername.
2. Set up the environment variable 
3. Confirm that the server / file is set up correctly

For standalone licenses:

1. Delete the adskflex_####_tsf.data file and restart (will prompt for reactivation) 
2. Try to run with a new user account

Message 4 of 16
waynestratton
in reply to: philip.s

Still cant believe that a company that has been around this long has no phone support.  Along with that, the problem was our firewall not letting the license check occur, but I didnt know that because unlike most other software there was no indication that was the problem.  I look forward to seeing improvements in customer service in the future.  As of right now, its working.

Message 5 of 16
jessica.t
in reply to: waynestratton

Hi @waynestratton,

Firewall or antivirus software can definitely one of the main culprits when dealing with licensing issues, so we're happy that you were able to get it figured out. I apologize that the experience was not better for you but we do appreciated the feedback. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the future. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Hello Sir,

Here there is no Networrk license  for LT Products.

Message 7 of 16
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Sir,

Here there is no Networrk license  for LT Products.

Inventor LT Suite and its companion AutoCAD LT do, in fact, have network licenses. 

As for phone support, that is typically offered through the Value-Added Reseller partners.  That is why you need to support your local VAR.  They will provide you the best support for your product.

Locate your VAR here:

http://www.autodesk.com/resellers/overview

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 16
DavidSchroeder

Same issue as of yesterday on 2015.   Not sure who to call or where to get help.  Need this product to work

Message 9 of 16
jessica.t
in reply to: DavidSchroeder

Hi @DavidSchroeder and welcome to the Autodesk Community,

Sorry to see that you are experiencing licensing issues. If you could please provide further details on the exact nature of the problem I would be happy to further assist. Screenshots would also be great (omitting any sensitive licensing information). Also, did you @philip.s's Accepted Solution above?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 16

This was not the solution. I solved it by taking the laptop outside our network and activating the product using a hotspot. As far as the suggestion of using a VAR, we do and still nothing. I resolved it myself. Please close the thread.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Phillip-

I am having the license checking freeze up as well. However, this is for a standalone install of AutoCAD LT 2014 on a windows 8.1 OS. Please advise on how to resolve this. I tried following the directions in your solution but after completing step 1, confirming the flex process was not disabled, I could not locate any of the files you mentioned beyond that. You only reference locations for XP or Windows 7, nothing for 8 or 8.1. My file structure did not match the options you listed for Windows 7. I also tried disabling my firewall and opening the product but still get the error shown in the attached screenshot after many attempts and "try again" clicks. Please assist when able, thank you-

Message 12 of 16
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you cannot connect to the internet. Try installing the Poodle hotfix, in order to connect to the internet. Make sure to fully shut down the program before applying the correct hotfix, that can be downloaded from that page. Let us know if that rectifies your issue, as we are happy to help.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks Matt. Prior to your reply I did some more google searching and found this hotfix you linked in your reply. That took care of the issue and I'm now able to get in and get to work. So that issue is resolved. The only remaining issue (which I read up on as well and read that it eventually goes away on it's own) is that I now get an activation email from Autodesk every time I open CAD LT now. If you know any immediate fixes for that, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just bear with it until the notices stop.

Message 14 of 16
jason.dupree

I just had this issue with a client using AutoCAD 2015, so I'm posting in all the forums with the issues, in case anyone else runs across the same thing.

This happened after installing 2017 (which I believe installs Microsoft .NET 4.6) but they claimed the checking license issue had been happening for a couple of weeks. I tried deleting the files in the Flexnet folder, but it did not help. I mention .NET because I tried doing a Repair on AutoCAD from the Windows Control Panel and it gave me an error saying .NET 4.5 was not installed. Turns out 4.6 was installed.

I uninstalled .NET 4.6, downloaded and installed .NET 4.5, ran the Repair, then AutoCAD ran fine.  

Jason Dupree
Senior Consultant - ECAD, Inc.
Message 15 of 16
NH3MAN

OK, so I can run it with a new user account but I still can't figure out how to make it run from my main account.

Message 16 of 16
matthew.d
in reply to: NH3MAN

Hi @NH3MAN,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, you are referring to a new windows account? This may signal profile corruption. If this is the case, select the corrupted account and copy the documents and settings to the new account you created, then restart and login to the new profile.

Or are you referring to your Autodesk account?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report