Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
willy_chaz
210 Views, 4 Replies

Folder permissions?

I specify a network location for the PC3 files in the network installation wizard, which has limited permissions. Apparently, when the user runs the deployment, it fails to install because they do not have write access to this folder. Is this normal with 2005 products?

Bill Goetz
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: willy_chaz

One solution is to have a shortcut at the local PC to the server location. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "willy_chaz" wrote in message news:4348248.1090326767521.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I specify a network location for the PC3 files in the network installation wizard, which has limited permissions. Apparently, when the user runs the deployment, it fails to install because they do not have write access to this folder. Is this normal with 2005 products? > > Bill Goetz
Message 3 of 5
willy_chaz

The user can start the deployment. It's during the install when the deployment fails.
Message 4 of 5
rnoakes

Willy,
I have a secondary file on my server called Acadutil. I put all of the office standards in this file i.e. plotters, linetypes, templates. After I intall on client machines I point the user to acad util. It is a read only directory for the users. I must say I have not upgraded to 2005 but this is what I did with 2004. Good luck
Message 5 of 5
willy_chaz

Thanks for the advise. I've adjusted my network installation to install locally but I import a new profile with the network locations afterwards.

bg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report